Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am Ralph from The Netherlands and happy with my mustang gt 2005 automatic . in my country it is very rare....but now i want to have an supercharger for my car ...but in The Netherlands there is only 1 company who can install it for me and that is an vortec high output only ...but a lot of people are saying that saleen stage 2 is better brenspeed...but that is hard for me to get to The Netherlands.....please tell me is there really so many difference between saleen and vortec and is there really big turbo lag ...So vortec is for me easier but what for advise can you give??

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
My advise would be to get a procharger, install it yourself, and get Brenspeed or Bamachips to email you a tune for it ( unless you have a dyno shop somewhere around ).

I dont know about your mechanical abilities, but a procharger is a very easy install and doesnt require much in tools or knowledge.

Just my 0.02...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
welcome, Ralph.
i think if in the Netherlands they are more familiar with the vortech, then you should go with the vortech. since they have experience with that supercharger, it would make more sense to go with vortech. either one will get you much more power than stock, and you definately notice a big difference with either one. the saleen as you know will get you more power off the line from a stop, but the vortech is great also.

Reactions: navyman8903

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
There is no reason you can't get what you want out of the brenspeed vortech H.O. package. I would run that kit with out a second thought. The Saleen supercharger is not a bad choice either. Here is the difference between the 2.

Saleen: The saleen is a Twinscrew (t/s), it will build boost immediately. And will pull constant to redline. They also make a lould whine also. They are great for the street and will get you off the line and ahead of anything right away. Great for a street racer light to light. :D

Vortech: Centrifugal supercharger (centri), It is pretty much a gear driven turbo, but it runs off the belt and not the exhaust. There is no "Lag" but it is progressive boost. It will hit about 4 psi at 3500rpms and build from there on a 10lb boost pulley. They are a mid range to topend blower. There is nothing wrong with this setup. They also make more power up top. However these cars are slower off the line, but will run the same 1/4 on similar setup T/S cars. And if you get the vortech you can always run 4.10 rear gears to get off the line faster.

all and all it is your driving style that is important. If you spend more time in the high rev's you might like the pull of the vortech better. But it is all about how you drive

·
5,818 Posts
I vote vortech after reading what onederful100 said.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Welcome!! Research them both and decide what works best for you. I have the Vortech HO and love it, but some prefer roots/twinscrews over centrifugal. Thats why I say look at the differences and decide what you want the most. You cant go wrong with either choice.

·
5,818 Posts
^ If you feel like making a real man's vid of your vortech at wot and what have you I would like to see the actual acceleration at 100% throttle. All the vids on youtube are playing around. BOO!

That is all sir thank you......not to thread jack.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys!!! thanks for all the advise,

i have really made a study of both,the thing i want to know is if you are going to do an traffic to traffic race with the vortec is that really much worse then the saleen??because The Netherlands is small i more kick some ass on the road but not often...but when i am at the traffic with the vortec i want to win of the bmw etc

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
If you talking about wanting the power at the tap of the pedal go with the Saleen as it will be at full boost before you know it where as the vortec has to build its boost up some.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If you want the car to feel faster and accelerate quicker from stops and lower rpms, go with the Saleen blower

·
5,818 Posts
They are both great choices. But if you want topend, get 4.10 gears and a vortech. The 4.10's will make the car move easier/faster and the vortech will keep building boost until the redline.

·
Registered
107 Posts
SMS Supercars (the new Saleen Company) has a new kit on the market. It comes with a tune. Insatll the kit, flash the processor yourself, and you are done. What part of Holland are you in? I lived in Amersfoort and Leeuwarden for many years.

Ron

·
Registered
745 Posts
both superchargers are very efficient to say one is better than the other is silly. The saleen will get into its powerband quicker but with an auto you could utilize an after market Torque converter with the Vortech and you will get into your powerband just as quick. Personally I like the vortech, but like I said this is my choice. I have less traction issues from the line as my car builds boost with rpm and quite frankly 0-2000rpm goes pretty quick anyway. I say go with vortech as you will have more support for it since that is what is commonly run in your area.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks
can you please help me i do not exact what you mean with "with an auto you could utilize an after market Torque converter with the Vortech"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts