Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just recently smashed up her front bumper (again) and it needs replaced. She has a base model 2007. I have a chance to pick up a bumper of the exact same color, same year, but it is from a GT. I was wondering if it would fit.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It'll fit, but the grille will not. I repeat, the grille will not. BTW, welcome MattyT5150 to the wonderful world of Modded Mustangs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Welcome! Just a quick follow up question about the Grille. I was planning on removing the grille from the base mustang and placing it into the GT Bumper. Will this work or is the grille opening different?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The grille opening in the GT is larger than the V6. There will be gaps around the V6 grille in the GT skin. Also the mounting tabs are in different places. I've seen guys put the V6 grille into the GT fascia but they had to put edging are the outer perimeter. You will also have a larger gap at the top of the grille as well. The V6 grille is 1/2" less wide and 3/4" less tall. So the gaps may be pretty big. You can buy GT grilles for pretty cheap or get a Bullitt grille which is similar to the base grille.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts