Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i own a 2001 GT i want to remove the stock front bumper and install a cobra front bumper i wanted to know if that was possible? I heard that it wud not fit on it. :p

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yes, direct swap. You'll need the bezels and new foglights.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
The only thing that some people run into is the stock V6/GT hood sometimes has clearance problems. This can be fixed by raising the hood stops (rubber things on the left and right above your headlights under the hood) up some. Other than that it bolts right up.

I swaped mine :D

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Z, I've seen some people have to do that and others don't :dunno

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Hey i really want one of these. Zat & Norcal how much did yours cost in total for the termi bumper, paint, bezels and fogs. To me it looks like you don have the bezels or the fogs Zat is this correct. Also the best place to get the it.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Hey i really want one of these. Zat & Norcal how much did yours cost in total for the termi bumper, paint, bezels and fogs. To me it looks like you don have the bezels or the fogs Zat is this correct. Also the best place to get the it.
We both bought the bumper from an ebay seller named AirCorp1 I belive. It was about $325 for the bumper shipped and painted. I do have the bezels installed. Total cost projected:

Bumper w/ Paint: $325 (Ebay)
Bezels: $30 (Tousely Ford)
Fogs: $100 (Ebay)
Chin: $126 (Tousley Ford)

$581.00

And yes, I know that some people have to adjust the hood some don't. Thats why I said "some" in my forst post :p

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
We both bought the bumper from an ebay seller named AirCorp1 I belive. It was about $325 for the bumper shipped and painted. I do have the bezels installed. Total cost projected:

Bumper w/ Paint: $325 (Ebay)
Bezels: $30 (Tousely Ford)
Fogs: $100 (Ebay)
Chin: $126 (Tousley Ford)

$581.00

And yes, I know that some people have to adjust the hood some don't. Thats why I said "some" in my forst post :p
my breakdown was...

bumper/paint - $325
bezels/fogs - $110 (tousley)
chin - $145 (ebay)

$580.00

just about the same as zat lol... he DID show me where to buy pretty much everything tho

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
thanks guys ill probably just run it like that and with the bezels for a while till i can get the fogs and the chin when i do get it which will be probably at the end or jan of 2010 thanks alot i really appreciate it and did the paint come out good because to me your guys paint looks awesome just wanting to verify it. Also about how long did it take to come in and did that amount include shipping becaue it said it did.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i got my bumper in a week or so (business days)

he did a good job on my paint, but being freshly painted i can see a LITTLE difference in the colors...

no one else can ever tell the difference, but i can see it up close. its a good deal tho

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
thanks Norcal i appreciate it i cant wait till i get it i want it more than 3.73 gears and did you install it on there your self do you have to do any modifications like drilling or does it just bolt right in place where the other was

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts