Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ftbllvr108
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know this is probably a dumb question but i just dont know. If i were to get a GT front bumper, would it just bolt on to my v6?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
You can but all of the parts won't line up correctly. The grills are a different shape and the mounting tabs are in different locations, I believe. There also maybe a gap issue around the splash guards.

Why not just get the right bumper? Most manufacturers make them for both the v-6 and gt.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Oh and you'll have to shave down the styrofoam underneath the cover to get a GT bumper to fit.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
it say on there site it wiil fit.

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. The grills are shaped different, foam inserts are bigger for the v-6 and the fender liners don't quite match up. You can get it all bolted up but it will be misaligned.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
The lower grilles are different sizes, but your upper grille and side markers should transfer over no problem
Are you sure about the upper grill? It was my understanding that it was slightly off and the mouting tabs wouldn't line up either.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Hmm, so in other words it's just not worth the work because it wont like up correctly anyways?
You just have to get more than just the bumper cover to do it right. There are other who have done it and gotten in to look good, Just don't expect everything to fit like a glove.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Are you sure about the upper grill? It was my understanding that it was slightly off and the mouting tabs wouldn't line up either.
I sold my stock upper grille to a v6 guy and he used it no problem, and 2 years ago my passenger fender was damaged and I replaced it with a v6 fender and it fits perfect, only difference was it didnt have the two holes to line up the gt badge. Im not expert on the matter but I think it will work out fine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts