Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard of this set up for front suspension or know anything about this company. I need a better set up for my 1965 mustang. I have all new front suspension but its just not working right for my likings. I thought about the IFS suspension kits but just trying to do the best coil over kits for the least amount of money.

please let me know.

RRS :: Classic Vintage Ford Mustang Disc Brake and Coil Over Strut Kit :: Vintage Rack and Pinion ::

this is how they say to install it:
Chassis Prep and Fitting RRS Strut & Brake KIt

·
Registered
65 Posts
The only problem I see is it still puts the weight of the car on the shock towers, so you will still have to use the export brace's and monte carlo bars to keep the shock towers in place. I am not sure about the handling though. I do not know anyone that has used it yet.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what systems would you recommend then?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
:( I am not a big fan of this set up. You dont get much for all the money you have to spend.

Front Coil-over Strut Assembly view details
(add your choice of brakes from the list shown below)
$3,690.00 pair

Front Disc Brakes - Phase 1 view details
$685.00

Total Price... $4375.00 :no Not a Good Deal.....

:cool: For me there is only one way to go here. It is not as hard as you would think. But the change to the old Mustangs ride and handling is so dramatic you will think you are driving a new Stang! With all the stuff is comes with is a savings over just buying rack & pinion, Disc brakes,front suspension, & Coil over shocks.

The kit comes with: $2495
-Frame reinforcing plates

- Steel inner fender panels

-Jig welded crossmember

-Upper a-arm and shock mounting tower

-Urethane bushed upper and lower tubular a-arms

-Kick ass Urethane bushed Motor mounts for a 289,302,351 or 4.6 & 5.4 Mod motor

-Total Cost Involved Custom IFS dropped spindles

- Bolt-on steering arms for correct turning radius and ackerman

-Standard Power rack & pinion

-TCI All American coilover shocks with adjustable spring tension and black powder coated springs

-Eleven inch vented smooth rotors

-Detailed instuctions showing how to remove old suspension and install the new TCI unit

:D Just look at all the room it gives you.... :cool:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats a great set up. I didnt know the other setup i posted was that much or i would of never thought of it. I have a front sump 302 oil pan, wil that setup you posted work with it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the Mustang II system from Rod & Custom Motorsports. It comes with everything needed, plus great instructions. Willie & William have been great at answering all my questions. So good in fact, that when I asked about the rear suspension, William said, "we have the best kit on the market, only because people want it, but you'll like your ride better if you just get a new set of leafs and add disc brakes for the back.

The price is OK, the quality is great, and the support is incredible.

"http://www.rcmotorsports.net/Pg4Link.html
$2595

·
Registered
65 Posts
I used the Heidt's kit in my daughters 66 Mustang. The only thing I wish I would have done different is get the coil over front suspension instead of the one I got.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
HEIDTS Mustang 1964 - 70, Cougar 1967 - 70, Falcon 1960 - 65

HEIDTS suspension systems will give your Mustang, Cougar or Falcon the ride, handling and stopping power you are after (Comes standard with dropped spindles). Assembled package is shown so you can see what your completed front end will look like.

COMPLETE Mustang II Style PACKAGE STARTING AT $1,955

Mustang 1964 - 70, Cougar 1967 - 68

COMPLETE coil over PACKAGE STARTING AT $2,855

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

Front Coil-Over Conversion

VariShock QuickSet Adjustable Coil-Overs
To take full advantage of the outboard mounting position, a complete
custom shock absorber was developed by our sister company, VariShock. Installed height, travel, valving range, and mounting configuration are built to our exact specifications, whereas other manufacturers are forced to compromise with “off-the-shelf” products. Quickset 1 single-adjustable coil-over is standard. Optionally available is the Quickset 2 double-adjustable coil-over with independent bump and rebound adjustment for the ultimate in ride and handling adjustability.

Includes: upper arms, lower arms, strut rods, shock mounts, shocks, choice of spring rate, and mounting hardware. System uses OEM or TCP spindle (TCP SPND-01).

TCP FCOC-FD
Price: $2485.00 and up

I Think that is all I can find... :D

·