Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im rolling about 10 to 15 mph my car feels like it goin up an down but the steering wheel is shaking left to rigth,an then it quits till u hit about 40 an the steering wheel is just vibrating left to rigth an pulls to the left,,i know i need new tires an a aligment,but will this make it vibrate like this?an the front end has been lowered for a few months but just now started this,any ideals

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you have had it lowered for a few months without getting it aligned in that time period then your tires have really gone bad. I would have to say that looking at it from the front the tops of the tires are cambered in causing the tires to wear badly on the inside. This will most likely be an uneven wear and cause it to have flat spots. You will hear this as well as feel it. So I think new tires and an alignment will fix your problem.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well the alignment is not causing the vibration. The lack of alignment after the drop caused you tires to get flat spots. The flat spots, in my observation, is what is causing the vibration. To avoid this again you will need to get an alignment so your new tires don't become this way. It has happened to me so that is what is making me believe this is happening. It's very annoying.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Oh yeah. I want to put in the disclaimer that I have never seen your tires obviously. So I have no idea for sure if this is what is wrong. Your local shop can definitely tell you if this is so or not by just looking at it. But mine vibrated like that with just the passenger side tire doing that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , sounds like you may have a lump on the tread of the tire or deformation of the sidewall. Try jacking the front of the car so both wheels are just off the floor and then spin them and see if you have a problem with one of the tires.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hi , sounds like you may have a lump on the tread of the tire or deformation of the sidewall. Try jacking the front of the car so both wheels are just off the floor and then spin them and see if you have a problem with one of the tires.
This guys first post was a good one.

He is most likely correct. I worked as an Alignment Tech at Sears and generally a low speed vibration is a bad tire. It COULD be from alignment wear, but my guess would be you have a tire that is out of round.

As others have said, an Alignment issue never cause vibration.

·
Registered
28 Posts
B..B..B..Balance issue

That, or you have suspension issues. Remember, all waveforms resonate and vibrations are technically waves! You might only feel the vibration at certain rpms/speeds because the pulses stack up. That's why things need to be balanced.

If it is not your wheel balance issue, then it might be a faulty/worn bushing (it allows the two surfaces to rub instead of suspending them) or it might even be crud buildup!

Believe it or not, but crud building up on rotating components can actually lead to premature wear due to unbalanced rotation. That's why those tiny little weights they put on your tires make SUCH a big difference.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my other car did something like this an it was a belt broke in the tire making it do this,but the tires on it have had flat spots since i bought it an im just now gettin them ready to be changed,so hopefully an alingment will help with the new tires

1 - 11 of 11 Posts