Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just recently traded a car for a 04 automatic mustang gt , 103,000 miles , nearly perfect paint and condition body and motor , however, upon inspection the guys noticed that the car has rust on the frame rails in the front . On the driver's side it looks bad , no holes through it but it looks like it's missing a few pieces . Passenger side looks less worse than it . What should I do ? Ik that it has to be repaired eventually , but does it have to be welded? , Or is it a major job that needs to be done ? Is anything else connected to it that would get damaged if not corrected ?
And since the car's my daily and I drive at normal speeds , would it be fine?

(I'm new to the mustang community btw )

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dealt with this on my 98 a couple years ago, was right in the strut tower/frame connection as your is. I'm assuming you don't have a welder since you're asking but if you can do the job yourself will save a good bit of money. I didn't have as much as you did but I did have some holes that I did weld up with a couple plates. That is pretty thick steel down there so if you don't have any major holes you could probably pull the suspension, knock off all the rust... and if there's no underlying holes there should be enough structural integrity within all those corners to last awhile.
Personally with no large holes I would knock all rust off and lather it with some POR 15.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys so I just recently traded a car for a 04 automatic mustang gt , 1 03,000 miles , nearly perfect paint and condition body and motor , however, upon inspection the guys noticed that the car has rust on the frame rails in the front . On the driver's side it looks bad , no holes through it but it looks like it's missing a few pieces . Passenger side looks less worse than it . What should I do ? Ik that it has to be repaired eventually , but does it have to be welded? , Or is it a major job that needs to be done ? Is anything else connected to it that would get damaged if not corrected ?
And since the car's my daily and I drive at normal speeds , would it be fine? View attachment 225860 View attachment 225861
I would fix it properly asap & use as many OEM part's that are available
Hey guys so I just recently traded a car for a 04 automatic mustang gt , 103,000 miles , nearly perfect paint and condition body and motor , however, upon inspection the guys noticed that the car has rust on the frame rails in the front . On the driver's side it looks bad , no holes through it but it looks like it's missing a few pieces . Passenger side looks less worse than it . What should I do ? Ik that it has to be repaired eventually , but does it have to be welded? , Or is it a major job that needs to be done ? Is anything else connected to it that would get damaged if not corrected ?
And since the car's my daily and I drive at normal speeds , would it be fine? View attachment 225860 View attachment 225861
I would fix it properly asap and I would use as many OEM parts as possible ! I would also have a
C
I would fix it properly asap and I would use as many OEM part's as possible & I would have a Certified welded
I would fix that ASAP and I would use as many OEM parts as possible! I also would have a Certified Welder
Weld it up for Me as
I would fix it properly Asap and I would use as many OEM parts as possible ! I would also have a Certified Welder, weld it up for Me
as I'm not a good welder.(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts