Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas...im looking to get some sort of cooling for my s trim and i am stuck between getting a front mount or meth injection...ive been trying to weigh out which one would be best and im having trouble deciding, one day its front mount and the next its meth....also keep in mind that if i get the meth i will not have the car tuned for it so if it runs out then i dont have to worry and its still good for about 15-20 wheel...i like the idea of meth because you dont have to worry much about heat soak, but a front mount is permanent

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I went to an air to air for the simplicity of it. I just get in, start the car, and drive it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats a big pro in favor of front mount...my whole thing is heat soak though....it bums me out big time

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
yeah thats a big pro in favor of front mount...my whole thing is heat soak though....it bums me out big time
I drive 90 miles one way to the closest track. I get there, tech in, then beat on it, then drive home. I never have problems. Matter of fact the pipes to the throttle body are always cool.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hhhmmmm.....is this in the summer time? and also how bad is it after sitting in traffic

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
def go for the front mount. if your gonna do it all, its worth doing right. againa i say def go with the intercooler

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I love my front mount...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive been looking on an ebay store called just intercoolers...they are diy kits and i want to do a same side inlet outlet...does anyone know the best size for our cars?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
21x11x3 ok?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
hold on a minute ive got a buddy who bought a treadstone intercooler and it works great for him. ill get him to come poist his pictures and sizes he used

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ssswweeetttt

·
Registered
157 Posts
A link would have been helpful Steven :D

I did the treadstone TR10 36 x 10.5 x 3.5 intercooler and it fits perfect (had to delete the power steering cooler though, no big deal.)

I would advise that you rought your IAC on to the boosted side of the intake (I had a massive leak in the pic above if your kit isn't already setup that way.)

Other than that a good bypass valve and a Lightning IAT that you can screw in is pretty much it.

This is pretty much what the piping from the blower to the intercooler will look like after you clock the blower (this is not mine.)

Get someone to bead roll the ends and use 4 ply couplers and t-bolt clamps

Jive pepper helped me out a lot over at MPH, harass him :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice...so u have the same side inlet and outlet? the pipe kit from just intercoolers has bead rolled ends and comes with the good couplers and t-bolt clamps and is stainless tubing

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the pics Honk....i was also looking into puting the IAT up top and am also planning on running a Forge 007 diverter valve

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
A link would have been helpful Steven :D

I did the treadstone TR10 36 x 10.5 x 3.5 intercooler and it fits perfect (had to delete the power steering cooler though, no big deal.)

I would advise that you rought your IAC on to the boosted side of the intake (I had a massive leak in the pic above if your kit isn't already setup that way.)

Other than that a good bypass valve and a Lightning IAT that you can screw in is pretty much it.

This is pretty much what the piping from the blower to the intercooler will look like after you clock the blower (this is not mine.)

Get someone to bead roll the ends and use 4 ply couplers and t-bolt clamps

Jive pepper helped me out a lot over at MPH, harass him :D
well **** man if your have pmd me back, id have sent you the link. but thanx for coming over and helping him out!!!! see ya this weekend

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hopefully the guy who PM'd me (supercharged03gt) get's this, sorry man I don't have enough posts to PM you back :( (Steven you might send him a PM that I answered his question here.)

About the BOV, I am recirculation because I'm running a vortech and the MAF is before the charge side of the piping. I'm running a mini race vortech as we call it on MPH but otherwise it's known as the one with the blue top (you can get it through MPH or through summit.)

Here's what it sounds like

·
Registered
400 Posts
third honk thanks for the video. So I guess I wont have to modify much to get that bov. I love how it sounds

·
Registered
157 Posts
third honk thanks for the video. So I guess I wont have to modify much to get that bov. I love how it sounds
No problem man, if you need anything just let me know.

Here's the best pic I have of the BOV

You can see where the (should I call it ribbed ha ha!) flex hose is coming from the BOV and routed back into the power pipe.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that mini race sounds good...u cant hear it on my buddies fox for some reason

1 - 20 of 20 Posts