Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant turn the wheel by hand on the lift. Temp gets hot on that side changed Calipers and hoses. Anything common with these? Prop valve maybe?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it an OEM or reman calipers? Some of them are pretty junk and don't last long. Did you flush the fluid last time? If there's enough junk in it, it could seize up the new one. I would also check to make sure the pins/slides move freely.
OEM Calipers, fluid has been flushed. Had the issue before changing calipers and hoses. ABS module or prop valve im thinking.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Open bleeder if you can get the caliber to release it's the prop valve.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Could be air in the lines, open the bleeder, have someone press the pedal and gently tap the steel line to get the air pocket to brake loose.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I just dealt with the same exact freaking problem! Drove me insane!

Front passenger caliper was sticking to where the rim itself got hot to the touch. Visually you could see the caliper change colors and the car wouldn't glide to a stop (5 speed) but come to a halt.

I had front calipers in my garage that I bought 3 years ago from rock auto. Since the car is 18 years old and I had geomet rotors I had to install along with new axle bearing for the front wheels I was like screw it I'll do it in one big shot.

Bought new rear calipers. Installed new rotors, calipers on all 4 wheels, and the new bearings. Flushed the entire system with a power bleeder off Amazon and still the same damn caliper stuck. I was like **** May be I need a new master cylinder.

Took it to my mechanic. He said the caliper was stuck and gunk was in the brake lines. He hooked up true pressure bleeder/flush machine and installed a new remanned caliper. Even painted it red for me. Good to go ever Since. He said gunk might have been in the line where it took out my oem caliper and took out my remanned caliper.

That's what i get for never flushing my brake fluid.

Hope that helps. It was a pain.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I just dealt with the same exact freaking problem! Drove me insane!

Front passenger caliper was sticking to where the rim itself got hot to the touch. Visually you could see the caliper change colors and the car wouldn't glide to a stop (5 speed) but come to a halt.

I had front calipers in my garage that I bought 3 years ago from rock auto. Since the car is 18 years old and I had geomet rotors I had to install along with new axle bearing for the front wheels I was like screw it I'll do it in one big shot.

Bought new rear calipers. Installed new rotors, calipers on all 4 wheels, and the new bearings. Flushed the entire system with a power bleeder off Amazon and still the same damn caliper stuck. I was like **** May be I need a new master cylinder.

Took it to my mechanic. He said the caliper was stuck and gunk was in the brake lines. He hooked up true pressure bleeder/flush machine and installed a new remanned caliper. Even painted it red for me. Good to go ever Since. He said gunk might have been in the line where it took out my oem caliper and took out my remanned caliper.

That's what i get for never flushing my brake fluid.

Hope that helps. It was a pain. And expensive. Had to use my insurance to tow the car to my mechanic as I was afraid of burning something up due to how how hot it got. Not to mention Ford uses metric brake like fittings which absolutely suck. Driver rear side from the factory was tightened too much. I had to cut it off, install a union, bend new brake line and find a fitting. Flaring lines while on the car is a pain in the ass without a specialized tool I found from Eastwood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts