Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend i installed eibach pro kit springs, mm cc plates and tokico d spec struts/shocks. urethane bushings for springs.

question...

i followed mm's recomedations for the front strut spacers, but could not close the hood because the strut was hitting the bottom of the hood. so i took one of the 1/2 in. spacers off the top and put it on the bottom of the strut tower to get the hood to close. im heading to the alignment shop now to have the car aligned, but was hoping someone knows why the strut is hiting the bottom of my hood using the recomened spacers setting from mm? or if someone else has had the same probmem could let me know what they did to correct this. thanks.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Depending on how your car is aligned the struts might hit the hood. MM recommends different spacer configuration depending on what struts you have. I had to move a spacer or 2 to the bottom to stop my struts from hitting the hood.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Tinkerbell's struts hit the bottom of her hood (or used to at least) and hers were MM C/C's, it might just be the MM brand C/C that do that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts