Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or currently using the dropped spindles from racecraft? I am looking at running them along with the shorter a-arms and some coil-overs. Any pics out there of fox's with this set up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
View attachment 24891
Suspension:
Wolfe Uppers and Lowers
QA1 Rear Coilovers Single Adj.
Anti Roll bar
QA1 Front Coilovers Single Adj.
Racecraft 2inch drop spindles
AJE K member
Weld 1 piece Alumastars on front
Bogart 15x10 Champion Beadlocked on rear
295 Mt Radials also have set of 29.5 10.5 slicks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
the drop spindles make your suspension geometry so much better. i would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Has anyone used or currently using the dropped spindles from racecraft? I am looking at running them along with the shorter a-arms and some coil-overs. Any pics out there of fox's with this set up.
i have some on my fox and team z shorter a arms with coilovers

·
Registered
56 Posts
when do you need these? if i'm looking at going with eibach pro springs to drop my fox body is the drop spindles something that i'll need as well? or do these only get used when you're looking at a couple of inches of drop?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
when do you need these? if i'm looking at going with eibach pro springs to drop my fox body is the drop spindles something that i'll need as well? or do these only get used when you're looking at a couple of inches of drop?
You can just do the springs.

The "problem" with lowering springs is that they change the resting angle of the A-arm. Ideally it should be parallel to the ground at rest, with lowering springs the A-arm becomes angled up a little bit. This affects your alignment settings and introduces some bump steer.

Usually I see drop spindles uses when people want to lower their car a LOT, or when the suspension isn't really designed to be lowered (like in a torsion bar front end).

·
Registered
126 Posts
the drop spindles make your suspension geometry so much better. i would highly recommend them.
i have the opritunity to get some unused 2 inch drop spindles for 120 bucks, good deal? i want my car to handle well though in the end and i dont think i can drop the rear to much with out the car looking weird anyone wanna comment?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts