Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so Im installing tokico D-spec shocks/struts, summit racing anodized red rear control arms (upper and bottom) w/ poly bushings, bilstein quad shocks, and Max. Motorsports caster/camber plates tomorrow, and I decided to give my car a quick inspection to see if there was anything else I should get before I start and I noticed the front sway bar bushings were almost non existent!:eek: ... Not to mention the links were toast as well... anyways If i want to get this thing aligned right and have it all squared away I need to replace them... but Im not sure what the size is and I dont want to take them out and measure because they might not go back on and I gotta drive it tomorrow to the shop... does anyone know what the stock link size is>? It's got to be either 4 1/4in or 2 3/8 in... i think... i should be able to get a kit for cheap that has the bushing as well i would think too?>

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
A new end link kit will come with the bolt, nut, washers and bushings. You can always reuse your stock bolt and just swap out the bushings as long as the bolt isn't bent.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, you wouldn't happen to know the proper size for 97GT?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh really? this leads me to believe then that the OE size was probably 4 1/4 in. Does this mean that since i lowered my car 1.25in that I should consider going with a smaller link? like the 2 3/8 perhaps. This might give me better sway bar geometry? Maybe keep the sway bar more centered when corning and help it displace the weight better? Also what about the bushing brackets? Im assuming the one I choose would have to have an ID that matches the OD of the sway bar?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
hmnnnnnnnnnnnn im waiting for someone like jazzer to come eat this thread up.

Op you got more pics of your car? sweet ride

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah just uploaded some. Trying to find the place to list the mods though. It's hard to find a place on the internet that gives you the specific dimensions on the smaller suspension components. Like it's easy to find the diameter of the sway bar, or the different sizes of links, but nowhere does it say which application to use. Especially once you start changin all the geometry around. Like I have the X2 ball joints and Steeda bumpsteer kit, also have the eibach lowering kit, and going to be putting on MM caster camber plates and D-spec struts, sooooooo as for how to locate the sway bars dimensions i dunno. Keep it at stock height or lower it to compensate for all the changes/>?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would definately use a shorter bolt. I can measure mine later today and get back with you on it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AWESOME!!! thanks a lot.. im having a real debate with this

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
My bolt measures 7" long with a 1 3/4 " spacer. Hope that helps you out. I know the stock one is much bigger.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Alright so Im installing tokico D-spec shocks/struts, summit racing anodized red rear control arms (upper and bottom) w/ poly bushings, bilstein quad shocks, and Max. Motorsports caster/camber plates tomorrow, and I decided to give my car a quick inspection to see if there was anything else I should get before I start and I noticed the front sway bar bushings were almost non existent!:eek: ... Not to mention the links were toast as well... anyways If i want to get this thing aligned right and have it all squared away I need to replace them... but Im not sure what the size is and I dont want to take them out and measure because they might not go back on and I gotta drive it tomorrow to the shop... does anyone know what the stock link size is>? It's got to be either 4 1/4in or 2 3/8 in... i think... i should be able to get a kit for cheap that has the bushing as well i would think too?>
If you are about to install a set of poly bushed UCA's... PLEASE DO NOT DO SO!!

Those are hideous beasts and WILL eventually damage something, if you push your car hard enough. Either way, they are EXTREMELY detrimental to cornering and will compound the already snap-steer prone 4-link out back.

LEAVE the OEM UCA's on your ride for DD, or get a set of spherical ended ones if only a moddest DD and into the 1/4 mile.

Jazzer.... helping his pepes make good decisions, one mod at a time :)

PS. chimed :yes

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
hmnnnnnnnnnnnn im waiting for someone like jazzer to come eat this thread up.

Op you got more pics of your car? sweet ride
Don't wait for me, homie :no If you see something is wrong, speak up, bra :yes

Jazzer.... helping his pepes speak up, one thread at a time :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha alright duly noted lol... thanks for the link size that helps out alot!! I'm going to start putting this stuff on this weekend.. i'll post up some pics...

@Jazzer

Thanks for the advice, looks like I might just sell back the UCA's and put it towards new tires... what is your opinion on the LCA's with Poly bushings?

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
^ I am not a real fan of dual-poly bushed UCA's. I prefer a spherical at one end or the other. Doesn't make a big difference which end is which, but do prefer the spherical on the body side.

The actual LCA's you get, depends on the needs of you, the driver :yes

What are the ULTIMATE goals for your ride?

Jazzer :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts