Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check these pictures out. I went to change the oil on my car today and went to take the filter off and saw that. The mount broke off the frame. What would cause this?

I'm really only going to drag race the car. I was told just to remove the whole front sway bar. My friend said I would get better weight transfer from doing so.

What do you guys think? Should I fix it or remove it?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if thats all your gonna do is stright line then take it off... just dont take hard turns at high speeds

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
For a street/drag car, keep the sway bar and get some fresh bushings. That could have happened from years of driving, hit a hole and it got a hold of your bar. Rusted to shits and gave up, welds broke, it could be several things.

But yeah, if you are going to be driving the car around town chillin with the females, you don't want to be slamming there heads up against yours or the window, just replace all the bushings up front and you will have a nice tight much less sway.

You get your weight transfer more from lighter rate springs not sway bar which I wouldn't suggest either. Keep your stock springs or whichever ones you have now. You want your weight transferred to the back, not from one side of the car to the other. That's not a 12" lifted bronco with double rated shocks and dynomax muffler running down muddy steep hills dude, you want your car to stay straight as possible on the track or the street

1 - 3 of 3 Posts