Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all well just have a quick question driving down the road at around 40 and above the car starts making this awful humming sound and if u take your foot off the gas at about 70 and coast to 55 u can really hear it i put the car in neutral to take any stress off the powertrain and can still hear it....but if ur driving and going around bends in the drivers seat it makes the noise turning right but going left it stops completely until u straighten out then it starts again i bought new hub assembleys for the front but debating if i should put em on i would appreciate any help thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Have you noticed getting any grease on your front wheels? usually if your front wheel bearings go out it is because water or other foreign material has penetrated the seals and caused the grease to break down or escape. You would probly notice some grease on the rims if the bearings went bad. Thats what I noticed on mine when the wheel bearings went out.

P.S. the retaining nut should be torqued from 221 to 295 ft-lbs when reinstaled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts