Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone egged my truck last night and it's completely frozen on the quarter panel/hood anyone have any tips on how to remove it? Do I just have to wait till it warms up? Feels wrong to just leave it on there but I tried to scrub it off and that didn't do anything. Let me know if you guys have any tips to safely remove it without doing any further damage to the paint!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
im no expert but couldnt you just take it to an indoor carwash and spray it down with the powerwasher that uses warm water?

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are those heated? I've never gone to one of those cuz I just wash my cars in the drive way. Plus someone said the pressure from those could chip the paint cuz of the eggs? Don't know if that's true or not.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Are those heated? I've never gone to one of those cuz I just wash my cars in the drive way. Plus someone said the pressure from those could chip the paint cuz of the eggs? Don't know if that's true or not.
well i would wait for someone who knows about that to chime in but here you can go to a carwash in a bay and close the garage doors and its heated, then you could hand dry the truck as much as possible before driving out into the cold

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
Just go to the car wash dude. lol

·
Manthusiast
2,806 Posts
Friend had this happen. Just pour warm water and light soap.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not a bad idea. I just assumed the water would be cold but if it's heated I could do that and just try to work it off. Really hope this doesn't jack my paint up. That paint damage wouldn't look good with all the rust over the wheel wells lol

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
Car washes are warm, automatic ones and manuals too. This is nice information to have when you're three hours from home and you need to work on your repo truck. lol

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
This isn't related but dude, I feel your pain. I'm a valet and standing outside of the restaurant I work at one night I got egged, hit me right in the chest. Drive by and he threw it over a car AND I was standing behind a huge steel key box. Kid had some serious aim. I put my jacket in my car and it smelled like eggs for days. Uhh /rant

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
This isn't related but dude, I feel your pain. I'm a valet and standing outside of the restaurant I work at one night I got egged, hit me right in the chest. Drive by and he threw it over a car AND I was standing behind a huge steel key box. Kid had some serious aim. I put my jacket in my car and it smelled like eggs for days. Uhh /rant
Sorry dude, but that is ****ing hilarious.

OP, just use warm water and you should be fine.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
OP...warm water.

But be warned...when an egg impacts paint, it is very likely to leave a orbital burst of chips in the pattern of which the shell breaks, its sucks, but its because the shell of an egg is very strong in design, so when it hits your paint, it probably chipped it, when you wash it, youll most likely see where it hit.

Unfortunately, its usually not repairable without painting.

I have an egg spot on my mach 1 btw, its only visible if youre right up on the car, but it still bugs me.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
^ Hot water and a good soap will do it. You will need to be patient and let the hot water loosen it up - keep drenching the spot in hot.

Like said above - plan on some paint damage from the impact.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
:lmao

:lmao

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
OP doctor colorchip kit may help fix your paint as much as possible without repainting.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Car washes are warm, automatic ones and manuals too. This is nice information to have when you're three hours from home and you need to work on your repo truck. lol
Stay away from auto washes as much as you can. . .

OP doctor colorchip kit may help fix your paint as much as possible without repainting.
I've been thinking about getting this for a couple chips I have on my hood. I found like 3 decent chips while correcting. I have read good things about it.

Everyone else already said it (warm water) so you should be good to at least remove it.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took awhile but I think I got it all off. The only little blemish left is on the roof, turns out I had egg up there too lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Stay away from auto washes as much as you can. . .

I've been thinking about getting this for a couple chips I have on my hood. I found like 3 decent chips while correcting. I have read good things about it.

Everyone else already said it (warm water) so you should be good to at least remove it.
Good luck finding SY haha.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Already did ;)
haha, i forgot its online, probably makes it for just about every color code.

Your yellow is the only one i like btw, its dark and bright at the same time, its crazy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts