Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Christmas Eve I had to park outside on a hill for a couple hours and it was very cold. I put the parking brake on and when I tried to go home, my rear driver side wheel wouldn't spin and since there was a little snow, I couldn't move. I got a ride home and after some frantic searching on a possible cause, I found out that the parking brake freezing is a very common phenomenon among 2005 mustangs. So the next day, I crawled under the car with a hair dryer and spent a couple hours trying to thaw out the parking brake and after a while it loosen up enough to get it home. However, now the ABS light is on and the traction control is off with a “check traction control” prompt on the display. I tried to read the codes but it didn't find any. Some help and advice would be realty appreciated. Could I have ruined the ABS/Traction Control or a supporting sensor?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Replace the rear brake lines with threaded stainless. I had the same frozen brake issues a couple years ago. Water gets into the line (these cars really have a lot of problems with water getting in places it shouldn't) and then it freezes.

auto or manual?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its an auto. I usually don't use the parking brake but I always like to use it when parked on a hill. it has since un-thawed but the brake pad and rotor on the rear driver side was toast. Since I needed new brakes anyways I replaced all 4 corners with brake motive rotors and pads and plan on replacing the brake cable in the summer. Where did you get the threaded stainless cable you are talking about? thank you very much for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts