Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I installed my FRPP CAI. I picked it up used and didn't include the MAF screws its supposed to. Well I went ahead and used my stock screws and one of them broke while I was putting it in. I need to find a replacement for it, but after googling high and low I can't find one.

Anyone have any idea what to do?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Do you happen to have a good hardware store in your area?

Thats where I would start.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rather replace them with whats supposed to be in there, not something from a hardware store. If I HAVE to do that, I will though

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
really???

where do you think they get the screws, bolts, nuts, ect from. ford doesn't make them. i've done the same thing with many bolts ect i've used

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want the Torx in there. I've never seen a Torx at a hardware store. Plus I hate trying to match up nuts and bolts. I'd rather just order a replacement set from Ford.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dont go to your local big box store, look up a smaller local place.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Ace is the Place.... Im lucky, if you can't find what you need at your local hardware store in my area, you can then go downtown St. Paul to Seven Corners hardware, they will have it no question... Monster old school hardware store.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ace is the Place.... Im lucky, if you can't find what you need at your local hardware store in my area, you can then go downtown St. Paul to Seven Corners hardware, they will have it no question... Monster old school hardware store.
Pop off a maf screw and go get me a couple then :D

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Go get it from a hardware store or PayPal me a few bucks and I can send you two out in the mail. It really needs to have both of them holding it down though...

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
doing some google work I found this on a forum. M4X.7 10mm long. try those.
Thanks, I'll try those

Go get it from a hardware store or PayPal me a few bucks and I can send you two out in the mail. It really needs to have both of them holding it down though...
I might do that. I know it needs both, but it will be fine for a few days. I can't just garage my DD while I screw hunt.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you can try to look up a bolt specifc store. Here we have a place called shamrock. They can get any bolt out there. I go to them when i can't find it at a hardware store or work.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I used to have a hundred of these things but now I can only find two. WTF... Anyways, I bet you have a bolt/nut store in your area. I mean you're in Dearborn, you've got to... The size is M4X.7 10mm like was said before.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I would swing by this place and see if they have any..

1 American Road, Dearborn, MI

1 - 20 of 25 Posts