Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped my car of to get my stuff installed at JPC in glen burnie maryland. Met the owner, justin, cool guy. We were talking about cams and i said i hear frpp is coming out with some cams for our cars. He ask me if i saw his car on you tube with them. I said i saw a pink car on you tube with them lol, he said its white. What do you guys think pink or white, this is his car btw. he said these cams are coming!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
lol its white, but the yellow light in the background gives it that pinkish color your talking about.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
looks like a street lamp is behind him, either that or the sunset but it seems a bit late for that, looks white to me, just discolored from the lighting. Sounds damn nice though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
they have a set date for the frpp cams yet? man I would love to get them they sound sick cams in shop now havent ordered cams yet still debating.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
they have a set date for the frpp cams yet? man I would love to get them they sound sick cams in shop now havent ordered cams yet still debating.

use the search button i found all the info on these and they r n/a cams.

i would go bbr stage 2 cams even tho they r fi based cams they do give a higher gain than these n/a cams.

the frpp cams give 25rwhp
bbr stage 2s my friend showed a gain of 35rwhp.

·
Registered
210 Posts

i would go bbr stage 2 cams even tho they r fi based cams they do give a higher gain than these n/a cams.

you got a # for them website has been down for several days. Hopefully they didnt close shop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
07stangt... I see the Comp NSR cams in you sig now, How do you like them? I'm still considering them but have not known anyone who could tell me first hand how they are.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looks white to me also,and "Damn" does that sound bad ass....Uh Oh something else to think about....:cool:

·
Registered
745 Posts

When I did a search I found that a shop has a waiting list for these cams and they stated that looking at the cam profile that it is not exactly made for FI but there is nothing in the profile that would make it unsuitable for FI.

I cant find much more than that, are these out yet? I am dying to learn the specs of the cams.

·
Registered
137 Posts

I talked to one of the guys at BBR and they told me the stage 2 is no good for NA cars because you lose a ton of low end and midrange torque. He said to go with the stage 1 but I want a better idle than the stage 1. I am waiting for the FRPP cams instead.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I talked to one of the guys at BBR and they told me the stage 2 is no good for NA cars because you lose a ton of low end and midrange torque. He said to go with the stage 1 but I want a better idle than the stage 1. I am waiting for the FRPP cams instead.
Couldnt you just throw in some lower gears so you could possibly make up for a little lost low end?

I just recieved an email from Doug at SuttonHP and he said they are hoping to have them (FRPP Cams) in 2-3 weeks. I went ahead and added my name to the list. Their site says there will be a limited run of those cams. I am making sure I get a set before they are all gone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think the point he was getting at is that the loss of torque was substantial enough that you would really notice it when cruising around, I guess you would have to be shifting a lot more because of the lack of lugging power. All I know is that he was adamant that I wouldn't be happy with the stage 2 without a power adder to make up for the loss of torque. With such a labor intensive install I am unwilling to find out if he is right or wrong. Between parts, labor, and tuning it is close to a $3000 gamble.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts