Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just got back on the boards.

I have been buying guns like crazy, but I am about to pick the last few up off my list.

SO! It will be Bullitt time in July when I get my 30 days of leave. I am going to do an all motor build to start with. The most I will add after is a centri blower, and a bottom end.

I have been looking at the FRPP intake manifold to get on there for some time now. I have the Steeda Race delete plates in there already with a GT 500 TB. So I am not sure it is worth it. I am trying to get to 400ish rwhp all motor though, so every pony will help.

What I am putting in for those that want to know:
- Comp SPR's 127500's
- Stage II heads, fox lake or Livernois or BBR, I am still doing research
- KOOKS mid length's with catted x-pipe
- Magniflow 3" cat back
- Finally install the Steeda UDP's

And I will swap out the FRPP intake and probably the FRPP 62mm TB if it is good to go. If not, I will keep what I have. On there.

Thoughts?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
i dont think your gonna bennifet much at all from the tb or the intake keep the money for a blower

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Squid boy, IMO if you are going to put a centri on there down the road, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go ahead and put the manifold on there. You may loose a little down low right off the bat but overall future gains would be worth it.

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squid boy, IMO if you are going to put a centri on there down the road, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go ahead and put the manifold on there. You may loose a little down low right off the bat but overall future gains would be worth it.
That is what I am thinking Devil dog, and when I am spinning the engine up to 7200-7500ish I think there will be more gains up there as well.

I am interested in getting the revs up higher for more power, since the 4.6 is peaky, and getting it there fast. Running my intake without the elbow (AIRAID), and having a larger TB opening for faster response. :naughty:

I am not trying to get deep into 11's with the initial build. Maybe 11.80's, and have a car that I can put into corners hard to put a smile on my face.

I also like to stay in the power band, and drive the car hard sometimes, so I Am thinking mid range cams with the heads, for a serious N/A setup, but not a dedicated 1/4 mile car.

And then maybe a Paxton NOVI 2200SL.....and a bottom end. You know, for a few extra ponies.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I have been buying guns like crazy, but I am about to pick the last few up off my list.

SO! It will be Bullitt time in July when I get my 30 days of leave. I am going to do an all motor build to start with. The most I will add after is a centri blower, and a bottom end.

I have been looking at the FRPP intake manifold to get on there for some time now. I have the Steeda Race delete plates in there already with a GT 500 TB. So I am not sure it is worth it. I am trying to get to 400ish rwhp all motor though, so every pony will help.

- Comp SPR's 127500's
- Magniflow 3" cat back

And I will swap out the FRPP intake and probably the FRPP 62mm TB if it is good to go. If not, I will keep what I have. On there.

Thoughts?
With my current build, the FRPP manifold and t-body gained around 11-12 hp. I would think if you are considering a more aggressive cam and heads, you should have better gains, but only a dyno will tell. Also consider that the FRPP manifold does best above 4000 rpms. My peak hp is at 6600 rpms. I'll be interested in what your results are. My build plans are identical, including a possible centri supercharger. Good luck.

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With my current build, the FRPP manifold and t-body gained around 11-12 hp. I would think if you are considering a more aggressive cam and heads, you should have better gains, but only a dyno will tell. Also consider that the FRPP manifold does best above 4000 rpms. My peak hp is at 6600 rpms. I'll be interested in what your results are. My build plans are identical, including a possible centri supercharger. Good luck.
Thanks, and I will as soon as I get them.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

- Comp SPR's 127500's
- Magniflow 3" cat back

Thoughts?
My thought is to avoid Livernois / FRPP heads like the bubonic plague.

Use that joint JPC uses...They are called RGR, Their main guy is Rich Groh...and I have not heard anything bad about them.

·
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thought is to avoid Livernois / FRPP heads like the bubonic plague.

Use that joint JPC uses...They are called RGR, Their main guy is Rich Groh...and I have not heard anything bad about them.
Justin doesn't put together bad cars, so That is a serious thought right there. I think that or fox lake is going to be the winner.

·
Registered
329 Posts
One of the things I noticed upon installing my FRPP intake before I got the turbo was a much more consistent power curve-Dont know if that was the result of BMR's tunes over the previous tuner or the manifold, but there was a lot of dead spots in acceleration with the stock manifold and CMDP's. Also, if its a show car- the $450 makes a huge change under the hood. My two cents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts