Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run this kit? Mustang Handling Pack (2005-10)
I know it's a cut down version of the FRPP handling pack but I'm in the market for shocks and thats a pretty good price. I don't drag or street race (except for the occasional rice burner with the fart can) and can't decide if the D specs are overkill for what I need or not..............................

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
holy ****. good deal! i'm ordering it. i've been looking for frpp shocks and that seems like a great deal. i'd jump on it if i were you, i know i am.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Anybody run this kit? Mustang Handling Pack (2005-10)
I know it's a cut down version of the FRPP handling pack but I'm in the market for shocks and thats a pretty good price. I don't drag or street race (except for the occasional rice burner with the fart can) and can't decide if the D specs are overkill for what I need or not..............................
Its a good price for the dampers alone. It looks like it only comes with the sway bar itself and not heavier hangers or bushings. With that said, its still a great deal. I would jump on it. You car will perform with anything that has d specs on it i garuntee you that.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
^ I'm with rich on the hardware thing.....the hardware is needed for all that, but it is a good deal.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
since we're on the topic, about how much are the frpp springs and dampers gonna throw my rear end? and who makes the best panhard rod? and springs and dampers gonna help with my gnarly nose dives?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
since we're on the topic, about how much are the frpp springs and dampers gonna throw my rear end? and who makes the best panhard rod? and springs and dampers gonna help with my gnarly nose dives?
That package has free springs, but they don't lower the car, so it should have no effect on the rear end. You only need an adjustable panhard when you lower the car - or to make a correction if it is off for some reason.

And my opinion is Steeda FTW!

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
That package has free springs, but they don't lower the car, so it should have no effect on the rear end. You only need an adjustable panhard when you lower the car - or to make a correction if it is off for some reason.

And my opinion is Steeda FTW!
**** the springs it comes with. they're for sale the moment they're delivered. i've had frpp springs for awhile now, i've just been procrastinating with installing them. i've been looking for frpp shocks to go with them too so that hasn't helped my procrastination. that package is an awesome deal even for the shocks alone. that's why i picked it up as soon as i saw OPs post. those are advertised as frpps and they look like frpps and i'm aware of only one set of frpps for the s197s so i'm assuming they're valved specifically for my springs. if not, i'll return em (or sell them for more $!!). no biggie. i just wanted to jump on this before i came to my senses.

so, will the springs i currently own (frpp) and these shocks help with my nose dive? i've heard A arm bushings and whatnot are pretty much cures for nose dive, but i don't have the $$ to "cure" anything per se. i just want to know if it will reduce the nose dive. regardless, the lowered stance will still make it look way beastlier (which is my primary objective with these springs/shocks. increased performance is a plus though).

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
It means they are a Ford Racing part, spec'd by Foose for the Foose Stallions.
The shocks & struts are made by Dynamic suspension for Ford. The springs are made by Eibach.

They are not the same struts and shocks you get with the regular Ford Racing suspension package.

Are they good?? Probably.

I hope so, as I got the springs, struts, shocks, & swaybar off eBay a couple months back for 350.00. Planning to install them this winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts