411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale

Name:Andy
Location (city, state): North Platte NE
Items being sold: Roush Supercharger
Price: 3000
Picture(s) of item:

Hello, this is a 90% complete Roush supercharger. It is still brand new, and only been on a mock up engine, it never seen fuel. I have changed my plan on this Mustang and this supercharger isnt part of the plan. I hate to sell it, but I cant afford to have it sit, so it must go. It has custom fabricated sheet metal inlet plenum, that flows a ton over the stock unit. This an intercooled system with a heat exchanger included. All that is needed is the recommended fuel system upgrades and a fluid pump for the intercooler. This is a new system, I have only mocked it up on a mock up engine in my shop. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
156 Posts
whats the difference between the kenne bell 2.1 and this s/c?

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Will you be including the intake manifold with this sale? how bout the injectors and fuel rail? what year was this s/c recommended for?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The upper intake manifold is included. No fuel system components are included. This supercharger was used on the 360R, 380R, and 440A. Roush blew 8lbs of boost on this setup and made 400hp at the crank, and it has the capability to produce 20lbs of boost, making it very capable to produce high hp numbers. This s/c was produced for 99-04 mustangs, but with some head mods, installation can be made on earlier 96-98 non PI engines. As I said before its 90% complete, only thing needed is the fuel system upgrades, ie, fuel pump, fuel injectors, as well as a fluid pump for the intercooler.

The difference between a Kenne Bell and a Roush are pretty big. The KB is a screw type compressor, using 5 male rotor and 6 female rotors, it looks somewhat like to wood screws laid side be side at opposing directions. KB's are really effecient, especially at higher compressor rpms. That and thier physical size are some of the reasons that the KB makes so much hp. The Roush is a modified TVS(twin vortice series) lobe design. Its not as effecient as a twin screw, but will produce considerable hp nontheless. Its phsyical size is considerably smaller, one of those reasons is to lengthen the radius turn on the inlet plenum making better inlet flow and allowing the supercharger to pull air in more effieciently. Most of the technology found in the Roush is propreitary, but Magnuson have used Roush's design as a stairstep to make thier improvements on the old roots style supercharger. Thus the name TVS (twin vortice series) superchargers.

·
6,802 Posts
very good information man! is 3g your lowest price? or are you willing to nagotiate some on her?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could negotiate some on this, but this is almost exactly what I have in it. When Roush made these in 03, they went for almost 8k, so even at the 3k, its still a good deal.

·
6,802 Posts
I wish I could negotiate some on this, but this is almost exactly what I have in it. When Roush made these in 03, they went for almost 8k, so even at the 3k, its still a good deal.
I understand thats one hell of a deal, really wish i could spring that kinda cash right now! good luck with the sale

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For anyone interested, this supercharger is on ebay and has just a short time left. This WILL sell, if your interested, go bid, you might end up with it for a lot less than advertised here. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts