Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale or Trade

Name: Mat
Location (city, state): West Milford, NJ
Items being sold: Supercharged '89 Mustang Hatch
Price: $5,500 obo
Trade For: '94-98 Mustang GT/Cobra (Good shape and stock-mildly modded) (Been thinking of getting a vert...)
Picture(s) of item: Below write up

It's an original 4 cyl Stang that now has a cammed and supercharged 302 out of a '99 Explorer. The rest of the drivetrain consists of a T5z 5 speed transmission and an 8.8" rear end out of a '95 GT. The supercharger is a Vortech V1 SC-Trim running @ 11psi. The car was tuned at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC to 450rwhp and 447rwtq. Then 2 degrees of timing were taken out for safety since it gets driven on the street often. On the outside is a Saleen Kit and wing, smoked headlights with HID conversion, and '01 Cobra wheels. The paint is white w/a blue pearl tint that you can see when the sun hits it right. Has some defects to the paint job from when the car sat for 5 years before I bought it, but still really isn't in that bad of shape.

It does have a couple issues I'm working on right now. There's a small exhaust leak due to some bad header gaskets, which i'm gonna be fixing. Have a set of stage 8 locking header bolts and gonna buy new gaskets soon. The tranny is also giving me a problem since the 2nd gear synchro is going bad. It still shifts fine most of the time, but sometimes it gets tempermental and backs out. Also working on fixing a coolant leak from the overflow reservoir. Haven't had time to fix it yet, so I just keep topping off the coolant in the radiator for now when I go to drive it.

I also have a couple parts that will come with it.
- Two side mirrors
- Pair of J&M Solid LCA's (Brand New)
- Some other stuff I'm forgetting and will look for.

- Heat only, no A/C.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Mods:
Engine:
- GT40 Intake
- GT40p Heads
- ARP Intake Bolts
- Lunati Cam
- Crane Cam Valve Springs
- 39lb Injectors
- 255lph Fuel Pump
- 65mm Throttle Body
- 75mm Pro-M MAF
- Vortech V1 SC-Trim Supercharger @ 11psi
- UPR 4" Boost Pipe
- Kirban Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Crane Cams Ignition
- Mellin HV Oil Pump
- 2 Row Aluminum Radiator
- Solid Motor Mounts

Drivetrain:
- Ram HDX Clutch
- T-5z Transmission
- 3.73 Gears
- FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft
- Steeda Clutch Quadrant
- Steeda Firewall Adjuster
- Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Suspension:
- Sn-95 5 Lug/Disc Brake Conversion
- Caster Camber Plates
- MM Steering Shaft
- Sn-95 Rack and Pinion
- Eibach Pro Kit
- Lakewood 50/50 Shocks
- FL Sub Frame Connectors
- Torque Box Re-enforcements
- Double Adjustable LCA’s
- BBK Solid UCA’s

Exhaust:
- FRPP Shorty Headers
- BBK O/R X Pipe
- Mac Mufflers

Exterior:
- Saleen Body Kit
- Saleen Spoiler
- 2001 Cobra Wheels
- 8” Shorty Antenna
- AM Smoked Headlights
- AM 8000K HID Kit

Interior:
- '96 Cobra Leather Seats
- Dual A-Pillar Gauge Pod with:
- Autometer Boost Gauge
- Innovate MTX-L Wideband Gauge
- Florida 5.0 Gauge Cluster w/Autometer Gauges (RPM gauge is frozen, works from time to time)
- Rear Seat Delete
- Battery Relocated to the Trunk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exhaust Video:

Dyno Video:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Damn i wish this was closer to me. Ive really been considering selling mine for a fox for a while. Looks and sounds beast man! GLWS

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Also how many miles are on the engine and body?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very tempting man. And the price is definatlly right. Whats the best it's run?
With a soft launch and easy shifts due to bad synchros and a trans that isn't rated for the power it's making...she ran a 7.88 1/8th @ 91mph, and 12.11 @ 117mph in the 1320'.

Also how many miles are on the engine and body?
200K on body. Sounds like a lot, but well kept Southern car from NC. Just recently moved up here to NJ. Engine has somewhere around 100K, but is also well maintained.

And Thanks for the compliments guys!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
want a trade you say?
:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
want a trade you say?
:shiftyeyes
haha. As long as we both think it's worth it, yea, I'd do a trade. And your car looks pretty nice in your sig...:shiftyeyes lol

This car wouldn't pass NJ inspection though unless you know someone. I haven't even tried yet. Still have it registered in NC.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
neither would mine. :lmao

my car is a baby. 51k auto vert.

go to the pictures section and check out my thread So So, Low Low, and you can see some pictures. ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
neither would mine. :lmao

my car is a baby. 51k auto vert.

go to the pictures section and check out my thread So So, Low Low, and you can see some pictures. ;)
Your Stang looks gorgeous man. Exactly what I'd want if I was to get one minus the tranny. But that could be swapped later on...;) The color is what I like, it's a vert which I like, the stance is sick...Maybe, if anything, we could just get together and cruise sometime. I hardly see any Stangs up here. And when I do they don't really seem like real enthusiasts.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
you don't keep em long do you :p

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Wow! Nice car man. If I sell this travel trailer before you sell the car i'll get in touch with you about possibly driving up there and picking this car up.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you don't keep em long do you :p
lmao! No, I guess I don't. It seems like I do a bunch of work, and then look for something new to work on...:D

Wow! Nice car man. If I sell this travel trailer before you sell the car i'll get in touch with you about possibly driving up there and picking this car up.
Cool. Just let me know.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
lmao! No, I guess I don't. It seems like I do a bunch of work, and then look for something new to work on...:D

Cool. Just let me know.

Lies, you just buy em built!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lies, you just buy em built!
HaHa! Lies! I bought this one built, and had to do a ton of work to get it back to where it is now. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
hey man I have a family member looking for a ride just like this if it is still for sale email me [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Man this is a beautiful Stang. I love white foxes. GLWS. This is a sick deal for anyone who is looking around.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Man this is a beautiful Stang. I love white foxes. GLWS. This is a sick deal for anyone who is looking around.
It is nice Still waiting on a response I would like to look at this car!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, I'm really sorry SSG Pate. I've been real busy with work, and haven't taken the time to look into the offers I've gotten. I'm actually trying to fix all of the little kinks minus the transmission right now. I just did the plug wires and fuel filter last weekend. Plugs looked fine and are only a few months old so I left them in. Did an oil change last month, or about 600 miles ago, and this weekend I'm gonna see if I can find the cause for the hesitation during acceleration she's been having lately. Gonna look for any vaccuum leaks or see if the bypass valve is possibly stuck open. Also will probably try to correct the small coolant issue she's been having by re-routing some hoses or swapping in a new overflow tank. We'll see what happens...

She is still for sale though if anyone wants to plan a time this weekend to come look at her...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts