Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Corey
Location (city, state): Bryan, Texas
Items being sold: Trek 1000
Price: $600
Picture(s) of item:

I would prefer local pick up or I can meet you but if your willing to pay shipping cost, we can work something out.

I have had this bike for about a year and half and I used it for occasional recreation.It is in perfect condition, has not scratches, dents, etc. (Like new) I had purchaed the bike originally to ride to and from school, but ended up living far enough away that I decided to just give in and buy the ridiculously overpriced parking pass. It has been used only a few times, and has new tires.

I am about 6'4" and the bike fits me just fine with a little more room to rise. The seat has a quick adjust and can lower considerably (as seen in pictures). The wheels also have quick release.

I paid close to $900 for this bike new in 2007. Its aluminum and VERY light-weight and top of the line. The bike has had very good reviews (which is pretty consistant with Treks products).
Unless you are competitive enough to seriously stress your equipment and/or looking for every fraction of an ounce in weight savings, you really don't need any more bike than this. For any commuter, fitness rider, weekend recreational group rider, or charity event rider this bike is everything you would ever need. Bicyling magazine and Cycle Plus (British mag) both picked this as best entry level racer in 2006 for good reason. Very high level of fit and finish. I think they designed this to be an all purpose bike, with a decently upright riding position for drop bar bike, 25mm tires for comfort and flat protection, eyelets on frame and fork for racks or maybe even fenders. I have a lot of bikes and this is a whole lot of bike for the money.

The best way to get a quick response is to just text me.
(817) 578-6567 Corey
$600 OBO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts