Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly do I need to be able to supply my engine with enough fuel? New injectors and rails? Are the cobra fuel pumps sufficient? What is the install like on all of the parts?

·
Registered
599 Posts
get a racetronix kit. EASY install hardest part was gettin the filter in the tank cause its bigger than the stock ones.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it is in the shop right now getting tuned for my 100 shot. I was reading somewhere that my stock injectors will only handle 375 hp. Is that right? Well anyway if it is true then I was thinking about getting some 42 lb injectors and with the cost of those I mind as well just buy the filter and the fuel rails with it and do it all at the same time ya know? Anyway I was just wondering the whole process and if I would need a new pump.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
100 wet or dry? Rails aren't needed for awhile. If you are worried get a svt focus pump and some bigger injectors. Pretty cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100 nx wet kit. Is it true about the stock injectors only supporting 375?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
stock injectors will hold more than 375. I am running a 100rwhp zex wet shot with mid pipe, pro dumps and P&P'd TB on stock everything. I don't think you need anything. If anything throw in the upgrade pump and I think you will be good. But like I said if you are worried about it then get the injectors. You will have to get it tuned for the bigger injectors though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see that u r running a 100 shot too. What kind of numbers did u put down. Ours should be pretty close to each other.?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do the 01's have the duel fuel pumps like the 03 cobras??

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
No its a single pump. The dual pump is to feed the supercharged engine. I haven't got to the dyno to see numbers yet, but with my all stock auto mach with just a P&P'd TB and the 100 shot, I ran a [email protected] So with your manual you should be around there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got just what you need 03 tank with twin GT supercar pumps with dual -8 a/n welded on fuel hat to a Y-block to -10a/n line ran up the frame rails to a Y-block that y's into two -8 feeding the billett rails, and 60# injectors. That will give you enough fuel for 730 rwhp. I still have the pumps,fuel hat and -6 to -10 Y-block,and tank for sale.:no

ps this same system gave me 620rwhp and 750rwtq with stock blower and a 150 shot of nos.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got just what you need 03 tank with twin GT supercar pumps with dual -8 a/n welded on fuel hat to a Y-block to -10a/n line ran up the frame rails to a Y-block that y's into two -8 feeding the billett rails, and 60# injectors. That will give you enough fuel for 730 rwhp. I still have the pumps,fuel hat and -6 to -10 Y-block,and tank for sale.:no

ps this same system gave me 620rwhp and 750rwtq with stock blower and a 150 shot of nos.
hey man i got a 03 , i got gt pumps and twin fpdm's with the lethal fuel tank manifold with the single 8 an fitting, and the bigger fuel lines to the hat also. without a B.A.P. my duty cycle is at 82%. with 641rwhp on a mustng dyno.i wonder how much more boost i could go with b4 i need the b.a.p.? i got a 21 psi and a 23 psi pulley to.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts

Definatly overkill for a n/a cobra with a 100 wet shot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Definatly overkill for a n/a cobra with a 100 wet shot.
there is no such thing as over kill when you are spraying...and if you wanna be fast your gonna have to spray more than a 100 shot..:eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
hey man i got a 03 , i got gt pumps and twin fpdm's with the lethal fuel tank manifold with the single 8 an fitting, and the bigger fuel lines to the hat also. without a B.A.P. my duty cycle is at 82%. with 641rwhp on a mustng dyno.i wonder how much more boost i could go with b4 i need the b.a.p.? i got a 21 psi and a 23 psi pulley to.
I started using my BAP at 680rwhp. and at 730rwhp everything in the fuel system was maxed out. I just took all this stuff off because im going with a weldon return style and a sumped tank.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
there is no such thing as over kill when you are spraying...and if you wanna be fast your gonna have to spray more than a 100 shot..:eek:

Yea there is. a 100 shot may be all he wants, and if thats the case putting all that fuel upgrade in is pointless. Wasted money. An upgraded pump and injectors will hold him well thru the 450+hp range, so yea that is over kill.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok... So I talked to the shop today and they said that with the 100 shot my engine was running lean so they said that changng it would not be a problem but when I wouldnt be using the nitrous that it would be too rich so they reccomended a flip chip. Is this right or what. I know that it was running lean because at first I didn't believe them since all of you guys run it so I made them pull it with me watching and right around 5500 rpms it went lean. WTF do I do?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The flip chip is nice to have especialy since your dyno is close and they can tune it for you. I use an x3 and have a N/A tune and a nitrous tune. You can get them to burn you a hardcore n/a tune and a nitrous tune. Then all you have to do is flip the switch and arm the nitrous. Mine doesn't run lean, but it is a different car than yours. What was the exact afr? do you remember?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no... I wish that I did. All that I remember is that on the screen you can see numbers for the air to fuel ratio and they also have a meter. The meter starts out blue and then as you accelerate and the and the ratio changes the meter moves and turns from blue to green meaning good and then when in starts to run lean the meter goes farther up into the red and that's when he stopped. It really feels nice for you to say that the flip chip is good. I had just never heard of any of you guys using them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts