Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the fuel filter is located ???? any special tool needed????
It is wet out and i cant see getting dirty unless i have to so any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
641 Posts
right underneath the drivers side, has a black cover over it

Reactions: ia07gt

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Like Catfiesh said, black plastic cover, it's about 6-8" wide and 18-24" long. Held in with a couple of retaining screws, doesn't have to completely come off to replace the filter. Black band around filter doesn't have to come either, just disengage the green clips (things are a bitch with big fingers) slide the filter and try not to kink the fuel lines.

Good luck! :D

Here is a pic of part of it, for some reason I didn't take any of the entire cover. It's literally the only black plastic shroud you can reach from directly under the driver's door.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks any pics???

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
green button things how do i undo them??

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
green button things how do i undo them??
Squeaze. They're pressure clips. Press hard on both sides, it'll unlatch, then slide it out. I never noticed a pop or release, they unlatched quietly. Was cursing too, pressing both fingers really hard and making mean faces far longer than I suppose I had to. :mad: :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG!!!! everyone has gotta see this! I am taking a pick of my fuel that was in the old filter! IT is way dirty!!! and i just got dynoed

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Definitely want to see that. I mean, I was making fun of Iowa's fuel before, but photographic evidence would be icing on the... ok, I'll stop being an asshole. :)

How many miles on your car?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats 34k miles 2.5 years and 2 fuel pumps worth of fuel and i only run ethanol.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Yea thats gross. Stop showing us pictures of your urine samples.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not urine just winter blend fuel with other fuels

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
lol...jk man. hows it smell?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Blech. Glad I didn't look at mine when I swapped it out. Course I also had 9k fewer miles.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
smells almost like whiskey LOL!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i think winter blends are to blame on this one plus i had to get gas in chicago 1x and i have minnesota gas in there too. Not to let out the worst gas i ever put in was 91 from st. Louis!!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
once again a huge thanks to you guys here at Modded Mustang forums

1 - 20 of 33 Posts