Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good fuel filter. I would like to get the best possible one I could for my car. I'm fixing to change the fuel filter and possibly do the plugs and plug wires at the same time. I'm thinking I will get MSD Ignition wires and coil packs when I change those. Not sure what type of plug I should get. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm really wanting to find a fuel filter that has the ability of removing the element. For the purpose that chaining the fuel filter as is is a pain. You need a special tool and the filter is above the gas tank in a very odd position. I don't know if its possible but I would like to relocate the filter perhalps to a easier spot to change. With having the removeable element as well it would be a quick and painless change.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You are talking about a Mustang here, correct? A brand new Motorcraft filter should only run you around $10. Why bother cleaning it when you can just swap out a for a new one when you need it? It's not like you'll be taking it off weekly to clean it and if you are, spend a little extra money for better quality gas. The location of the fuel filter isn't that bad. Jack the car up, put it on jack stands, and slide underneath. Look up and there it is. The "special tool" costs about $8 at an auto parts store. You're there getting the fuel filter, pick up the tool while you're at it.

And it is a pretty painless change as it is. Unplug the inertia switch, run the car until it dies, unhook the fuel lines connected to the filter, remove the filter, replace the filter, reconnect the lines, plug in the inertia switch, turn the key to the accessory position a few times to refill the fuel lines and you're good to go. I'd say 15-20 minutes or so. You'd have to do the same thing to clean the filter anyways, so just spend the $10 and replace it imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts