·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I get the fuel filter off ?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
remove the 2 clips for the fuel lines going into and out of the filter, then disconnect the hoses. then loosen the clamp holding the filter in place. make sure you remember which way the filter is oriented so you install the new one correctly. that's it. i'm assuming you've already relieved the fuel pressure or you know how to do it? make sure you do that before you disconnect any fuel lines. if you don't know how to relieve the fuel system pressure, here's how:
1. unplug the electrical connector for the fuel pump switch. it's located in the trunk, on the left side.
2. once the switch is disconnected, start the engine and let it shut off by itself (due to lack of fuel)
that's all there is to it. once you're done replacing the fuel filter, make sure you reconnect the fuel pump switch. if the button on the top of the switch popped up while you were doing this, just push it to reset it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you need a special fuel line disconnect tool.....any auto parts store will have it. And you relive the fuel pressure by taking off the little black plastic cap from the front end of the fuel rail on the passenger side and depress the little schrader valve.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i figured it all out. I had to get the special tool to get the filter off. I poped it off, the new one back on, then started it up. Simple and easy after you get the right tool

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
is it the same tool that takes the strainer from the fuel rail?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts