Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I think I'm only one step away from starting my build. I have an '89 GT 'vert with Trick flow twisted wedge 170's, Cobra upper/lower intake, and TFS stage 1 cam, Accufab 65mm TB, 70mm MAF and 24# injectors all ready to be put in the car. My question is, besides a bigger fuel pump (190 or 255lph) is there anything else I would need for fuel management parts? Would I need a fuel pressure regulator or anything else? Thanks in advance for your time and inputs!

·
Registered
581 Posts
assuming the FPR is in working order, no. i would upgrade the fuel pump to the 255lph, so that youll have plenty of fuel down the road if you need it. the fuel rails are good to 500hp or so IIRC. the computer works off of the stock fuel pressure, so adjusting it would mess up everything the computer knows.

in short, fuel pump should be it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any brand in particular? I see Walbro's alot, but on Corral, there's a High Flow brand being advertised for about $30 less. Anyone know anything about that brand? Or should I just go with Walbro?

·
Registered
581 Posts
walbro will probably be recommended the most. im running a walbro OEM replacement in my DD, and havent had any problems with it. its up to you, but i would go walbro.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm checking on Summit, what are the differences between the three electric in-tank fuel pumps with part #'s GSS307, GSS340, and GCA 719-2? They all flow 255lph. What's the difference, and which one should I buy?

·
Registered
581 Posts
carb fuel pressure, efi pressure and high pressure (70+) I would assume. Should list the difference in the description. Google it if not

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Digital!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts