Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time my car was in for a tune the tuner indicated that my car had a tendency to get lean. I expect to be pushing a few extra psi of boost soon, so I wanted to make sure that my injectors are up to the task.

Has anyone ever had their aftermarket injectors out to be cleaned, refurbished, and flow tested? If so, who did you use and was it worth it?

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've never had an injector cleaning/flow test performed but I would bet deatschwerks does a good job (link below)

Injector Services | DeatschWerks, LLC

Depending on your setup, and injector size it may be better to go with bigger injectors, rather than clean yours. IDK what size you have or what you're running.

Some other options I came across googling are below

https://www.witchhunter.com/process2.php

Fuel Injector Flow Testing

Fuel Injector Cleaning and Flow Testing Service. Injector Repair LLC

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Many moons ago when I first got my car I bought cleaned and reflowed injectors from a proven seller on eBay and sent him back my cores for the core refund.

It was the best "mod" I ever did as far as seat of the pants power goes. I'm guessing my stocks were gunked up.

I now buy techron bottles in bulk at Costco and use those.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Check out LSXkilr on Facebook. $10 per injector.

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Eric Derr
DERR Injector Service
[email protected]
(502) 381-4678
He has cleaned 3 different sets for me. Charges around $60.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You might consider taking it to a performance shop that uses BG performance cleaners and have them do a system clean for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts