Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me meaning in lb of all the fuel injector colors, i have pink ones on my 02 GT. How many lb are the pink fuel injectors?

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
for 99-04 mustangs i think there were two colors of injectors used in the engines, yellow and pink. both are 19lb. hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in cause i could be wrong.

what all is done to the car?

·
Registered
819 Posts
stock injectors on my 03 gt are pink. 19#

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
was gonna post something but MTW already answered

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are pink on my 02 gt and on my friends 98 gt thay are yellow, now would bigger injector like 24lb or 30lb add more power to the engine?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
No, injectors are a supporting mod. Which means that they do not make more power. They only ALLOW you to make more power with other modifications to the car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
and even then the only mods that they help are t/c or s/c right?

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
and even then the only mods that they help are t/c or s/c right?
no, any power upgrade even N/A will eventually need bigger injectors

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
You both were told WRONG.:cool: Yellow or Pink are 19# as in all 99-04 GT's.
and you would be wrong sir. They are indeed 21lb/hr injectors. The ECU reads them as 19's but they are in fact 21's

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
and you would be wrong sir. They are indeed 21lb/hr injectors. The ECU reads them as 19's but they are in fact 21's
Here's a quote from Jerry who was with SCT " All GT's have 19's. The pink injectors are 19# injectors. I have no idea where this 21# stuff started from but it's WRONG. Now, the 3.8L's do use a 21# injector since 1999 when they introduced the split port motor."

There is no better source of information than Jerry, no matter what internet myths are out there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts