Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a fuel injector harness with the rail and 19ibs injectors. I was wondering could I just throw a plenum, put a fuel pump block off plate and get the other components to fuel inject it or would it not work?

·
Registered
728 Posts
are you saying those are the only components you have, no throttle body, no MAF, no ECM, ah forget that, it won't work with a mechanical pump as fuel injected systems use a much higher fuel pressure, plus it's a circulating system, where you need a return line back to the gas tank, the electric pump in the gas tank delivers way more pressure than the injectors want or need, but that's to make sure they don't starve, the extra gasoline is then routed back to the gas tank, I forget what gizmo does it it's a fuel pressure regulator type a thing, so you would need that setup too, not to mention all the sensors, unless you plan on constantly running open loop

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh no I know that you need an EFI Intake and the electric fuel pump. Here's what I know so far an electric fuel pump is used delivering 39 psi. an A9L computer, a mass airflow sensor main harness, EFI distributor cap, the O2 sensor bungs and harness, and transmission harness for a T5 swap. all the sensors. Here are my questions.

Does the fuel pump hook from the OBD port through the FP relay and the the pump itself? or is there a harness?

If I decide to use a C6 tranny do I use the transmission harness? there is a speed sensor which tell the EEC how much fuel to use at cruzing speeds. Or would I have to convert to an AOD or T5 to use the harness.

The last question is if I'm going to use the electric fuel pump you I have to use a gas tank out of a foxbody mustang?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts