Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm about to install ford racing "Hot Rods" 3V camshafts, Ford racing 3V throttle body 62mm, ford racing 4.6-Liter 3-valve intake mainfold and roush cold air intake on my mustang gt 2007.

I also just bough borla long headers with borla cat-back x pipe, roush off road exhaust, bbk pulley kit and 3.73 gears :D

Should I replace my stock fuel injectors ? and would it add more HP ?
if yes what fuel injectors should I get ? and how much HP I should get with those mods ? :D

Thanks,

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Everyone is going to say the stock injectors are fine. Even me. But ford racing themselves recommend using 30lbers for ~380bhp

Edit: I just read an article in MMFF about a 2v that they put 30lbers on and that 2v was only putting out mid to high 200s on the dyno

Edit again. I reread the article. It was actually a 347 that put out about 350rwhp

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
In reality the fuel injectors aren't going to add anymore power unless you're at 100% FDC (Fuel Pump Duty Cycle). I would run the OEM 24 lb injectors though.

Did you already buy the Roush intake or do you still need to order it? If you need to order it still I would recommend going with something like the C&L Racer or even the JLT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys

I already bough the roush intake and have it here now, why is C&L and JLT better ?

btw all mods I mentioned going to be installed in a Ford dealer in where I live
but tune I have to get online.. since there is no good tuners around here :(

·
Registered
727 Posts
I recently asked my guy a similar question as I'm about to throw in comp 127500's. He's been in MM&FF a few times and he had a 5.0 in their shootout (I think January issue?). He told me that injectors really aren't a necessity until you're hitting about 380 rwhp when he usually uses a 39 lb injector. So with those mods I wouldn't worry about a fuel system yet especially since you'll be using a pretty mild cam.

Another suggestion- you will need a tuner if you don't already have one. You will need it to clear the codes for your O/R exhaust, reprogram your speedo for the gears, and you will definitely need it for the FRPP manifold or cmdp's (the cheaper alternative to the manifold). If you don't have the tuner get that instead of the TB. I have a TB and I did notice an increase in throttle response but the power boost really isn't worth the $400 or $500 for that TB unless your FI or you've got a serious cam. The hot rods are pretty mild, made mainly for sound.

I also second the opinion on the CAI. The top three for the 3V's are the C&L, JLT 110, and Steeda. If you've already bought it then it's up to you whether or not you want to return it for a better one or keep it. Roush is a great company and a huge name in racing (I'm not dogging on them by any means), but you won't see the numbers from that Roush like you will from the others. You might also want to look into just getting some cmdp's instead of the manifold, you'll save around $300.

You might also want to look into 4.10's instead of the 3.73's. IMO they are better for a N/A car, even a DD. I have 4.10's and am very happy I went with them instead of a 3.73. If you're already spending the money why not go a little bigger? You won't be disappointed. I can still hit about 19 mpgs driving conservatively, and my 5th gear pulls a lot harder since I put in the 4.10s- plus it's SO much easier to break the rear end loose for a little fun

Good luck and happy modding :D

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Yeah, whos going to do your tuning... I know who Nasty's going to suggest.. And I second him...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys was away for a while, the car tuned by Eric Brooks ( email tune ) and lemme tell you this de tune is super bad so I've had to remove it from my car..

Now looking for another tuner..

About all suggestions thanks but it was too late lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts