Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I swapped in a cobra fuel tank about a month ago, and the level sender is all messed up. It was stuck at 1/4 when we first put it in, then went to full when I filled it, and then 9 gallons later, it was barely knocking on 3/4 on the full side. So I'm wondering if it sounds like i just need to open the hat and make sure it's not grabbing on something or if it sounds like I definitely need a new float or something. Thanks!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Did you do a whole tank swap complete with hat or just the Cobra hat in a gt tank? The GT and cobra sending units are different. You need a Cobra sending unit with float either way.
If you indeed did a complete swap it sounds like the float may be catching on something.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i did a complete tank swap with the new hat. I guess i'll just run this tank down as close as i can estimate to E and then drop it and see what I can figure out. Thanks man

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Did you do a whole tank swap complete with hat or just the Cobra hat in a gt tank? The GT and cobra sending units are different. You need a Cobra sending unit with float either way.
If you indeed did a complete swap it sounds like the float may be catching on something.
Not true. You can get an adapter plate so the gt/v6 fuel level sender can be used with the cobra hat from lethal for $18. Or you could fab it up youself for free

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually don't have the stock tank anymore, it was a trade + cash, but would it be a better idea to use the gt/v6 level sender with an adapter if it turns out that I have to buy a new one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts