Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put 24lb injecters and the mass air to match, i can feel the difference but it also feels like i lost a litlle torque at the low end. could this mean i need to put the bigger fuel pump in?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
so i put 24lb injecters and the mass air to match, i can feel the difference but it also feels like i lost a litlle torque at the low end. could this mean i need to put the bigger fuel pump in?
You put 24lb injectors on a stock engine? On a stock or bolt ons engine I'll guarantee you didn't feel a power increase. The weak stock fuel pump needs to be upgraded before the injectors do.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not stock.... its got a cam rebuilt heads, trickflow upper+lower 70 mm t/b CAI ignitions underdrive pulleys, a/c and smog delete rr's, and exhaust. its not much but there is a little more power when i hit the higher rpms

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i asked about this before i did it and all i was told is that the stock pump can handle it, and im glad you said something cause everyone else seemed to think it didnt matter

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
and i asked about this before i did it and all i was told is that the stock pump can handle it, and im glad you said something cause everyone else seemed to think it didnt matter
The stock pump is barely adequate for the stock engine. The stock injectors will handle 400 horsepower. I've run 11.50s with stock 19lb injectors.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so i defenitly need to put that 255lph i have in. and once i do that should i actually feel a difference or just think i did again?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Not everyone, but I did say, for what you had and 24's, a 190 would suffice. That was before I knew you already had a 255. Putting the 255 in will still make very little difference for what you have. I was just trying to tell you that with the plans of supercharger and heads you had, not to waste your money now on 24's and need 36's or 42's later. They were unecessary for your setup right now. Granted neither they nor the 255 will hurt anything, but was just trying to keep you from buying squirters twice. It was just my .02.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and i took what you said in the wrong way, (but it was and still is very good advise)so my real question is now that i have the fuel **** out of the way for what i have done now, what would be the biggest thing that is holding me back and needs to be upgraded

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
You guessed it, heads. Since you said you had exhaust, the thing that is holding you back the most is the heads. Once you get the heads on you will really feel a difference. Just be patient, save the money for some heads and you will be a lot happier than spending money for such little gains. Those little things will compliment better flowing heads a lot more than stock heads.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
i can't remember if you said you had gears yet. As you know that will be the best bang for your buck as far as feeling a difference. Won't add hp, but it will add TORQUE.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i have 3:73's and since i have trick flow upper and lower, would trick flow heads be the best choice?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
yea i have 3:73's and since i have trick flow upper and lower, would trick flow heads be the best choice?
Yeah, I just read that in another thread about your gears. Its not necessary to keep brands together, but I personally would stick with Trick Flow.

Also, if you haven't had you speedo gear changed that is why your speed was so high with the 3:73's.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
okay so i defenitly need to put that 255lph i have in. and once i do that should i actually feel a difference or just think i did again?
I doubt you will feel any difference. You weren't starving your engine with 19lb injectors but the stock fuel pump was probably border line. The 255lph pump will support alot of future modifications.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i figured, plus it doesnt even work, so ill just leave it like that until i have nothing better to do. id really like to get better traction. ive been told t get different lowers, andget 4 cylinder springs. is that good advise?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Yes, heads would be a great choice. Bolting on a set of Twisted Wedge heads will net you about 50 horsepower. That is a difference you will feel.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
yea i figured, plus it doesnt even work, so ill just leave it like that until i have nothing better to do. id really like to get better traction. ive been told t get different lowers, andget 4 cylinder springs. is that good advise?
No, 4 cylinder springs is not good advice. Stock V8 springs are a much better choice in the rear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts