Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone explain to me how I will regulate the fuel pressure when I go to return style fuel system to 1 jack it up as high as I need it and 2 have it stay where it needs to be at different rpm ranges..im just wanting an explanation on how this works before I get into further questions..

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
I believe a 1:1 FPR is what you may need, however I am not 100% on that. I am trying to find a decent write up on boost related fpr's to better illustrate this for you.

Basically a 1:1 raises fuel pressure 1 pound for every pound of boost it sees.

*EDIT* Did your engine not have a FPR on the rail already? The factory one for the supercoupe should be sufficient...

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk if thats what you call a fpr..ill resize and load a pic of rail
1354064741330.jpg
A reference pic I made a while back for my buddy..but #2 on the pic I take is what you speak of?

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Idk if thats what you call a fpr..ill resize and load a pic of rail
View attachment 33222
A reference pic I made a while back for my buddy..but #2 on the pic I take is what you speak of?
Yes number 2 is the fuel regulator if I remember correctly

03cristian

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pelle what happend man.. You showed so much interest in my build at first then disappeared.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What if I wanted to use an aftermarket regulator? How does that work? anyone have pics of one installed on a return style system?

And really w a 90mm maf, the biggest TB I end up finding hopefully 75mm+ not sure what to go with yet...and 60lb injectors that factory SC regulator will keep up?

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
What if I wanted to use an aftermarket regulator? How does that work? anyone have pics of one installed on a return style system?

And really w a 90mm maf, the biggest TB I end up finding hopefully 75mm+ not sure what to go with yet...and 60lb injectors that factory SC regulator will keep up?
BBK Mustang Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (94-97 GT; 94-98 Cobra, V6) 1707 - Free Shipping!

Install an adjustable one and you can set it to the psi you would like. Really I wouldnt think you would need anything but the stocker. It sets the pressure at 36psi? 42psi? (whatever SC stock is). Even with all of that you probably wont have an issue until you start pushing alot of boost. Somebody more experienced in this needs to chime in

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to maximize pressure to get the most out of my inectors Ducty Cycle...one guy in particular im sure and I hope you will chime in.

Hey 420! :banana

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Talk to Kyle (ESG). He is boosted and return style. That or JT or Bruce (99 Blue)

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Esg answers in riddles..lol....i kinda hoped starting a thread would be a way to talk to these guys or anybody that has experience w this..

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
It should in theory, because all it is doing is regulating pressure, not how much fuel is makin it to the cylinders. If you are going to turn up the boost, then you will probably need to pursue a RRFPR.

I wish I could find one article in particular about pressure regulation, but I can't for the life of me right now for some unknown reason :computer:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Pelle what happend man.. You showed so much interest in my build at first then disappeared.
im still am. your just to the point were more hands on is better than what research can be done. and being in college with finals lately, havent had much time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts