Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some research and can't quite figure I out I have an idea but not sure so the problem is that only cylinder one is gettin fuel. But we have the spark plugs all out and upper intake off. Is the reason that only that one is getting because there is no vacumm to regulate the pressure and its just all going to the first opening I can get too?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
? that's a strange issue. when i had a failing 255 Walbro in mine my car would still fire and start, and i had almost no fuel pressure. (very long long time to start but would start). fuel rails in issue? have you checked fuel pressure? vacuum disconnected from regulator its supposed to be 44PSI i think around. roughly.

ide check fuel pressure first, if that's good, fuel rail or injectors the issue? possibly the injector harness wiring.

if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge my rule of thumb is to to push a screwdriver in the schrader valve and if fuel squirts out at you :3gears if not and it dribbles out your no good

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's weird because we had it running fine but needed to adjust the valves and switched the one and two injectors just to see if that was a problem. I'm just thinking that because there is no vaccumm that the fuel is just going to its first opening.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Vacuum has nothing to do with it, you,ve got another issue related to your last repair on the car. And its 40 psi with vacuum hose off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are pretty sure it's a computer problem we swapped injectors and no help so we switched the harness to the injector the computer seems to be telling the number one injector to stay open. The vacumm idea was just a thought I had.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Sounds like a pinched wire somewhere maybe? Getting voltage to that injector maybe?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are getting voltage to the injector and tested all the wires from the computer to the injector all are good changing the computer tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I assume you took a M OHM reading on the wire to chassis ground to make sure there is no pinches or shorts. They are a negative pulse so shorting out to ground will make them fire.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The M was Mega, if you already knew that, then disregard. One of my meters will measure the resistance of almost anything... skin, underground wires to the dirt, etc. The other won't even do across a finger.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We cannot find any other electrical issue. The car starts right up and runs fine.. With the old computer the number one injector would continually shoot out gas and no others would shoot fuel now with the new computer all injectors shoot fuel out.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Something fried it. Check main computer ground by the battery, single, large black wire going onto a single wire connector. Usually right under the starter relay. It needs to be hooked directly to the battery negative. Was the key on when battery was hooked up? Was key on when chip was removed? Battery hooked up backwards? Hot wire shorted to computer sensor/actuator wiring? Just some suggestions, Ive seen all these fry a computer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it seems to be running good for now. True test will be Saturday driving to Baltimore like 2 hours away to see my uncle cause he wants to see it.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Made by a human and it's old. Will fail, hahaha. Nothing lasts forever man.
Well, normally I would agree with you, but in my years of fooling with these, I have never seen one of these eecs fail unless something else failed and took it with it or the "human interaction process failure". Lol. Most of the "rebuilt" computers are ones that were turnesd in as cores and found to be good and then painted and maked as "rebuilt' lol.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Either way it's working right now. The original one I was using was bought used from a guy on Craigslist when I converted to mass air.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts