Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys quick question, i've read a lot about fuel pumps maxing out in the 450-480 whp range. is that the stock gt pump or the svt focus pump i see a lot of guys running? i have the one that came in the procharger kit, was wondering what that was good to, without and with a kenne bell boost-a-pump. trying to decide if i should swap it out with a ford gt pump and a bap. thanks guys

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
if you were going to swap out your pump i would swap in the dual cobra's and if you plan on growing you can slap a bap on there and be good to 600 rwhp

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah what Stal said. A used cobra hat with pumps sells for like $200 used. That alone will be more then what the stock motor will handle. Do a BAP, and you your set.

I always recomend anyone upgrading there fuel system to buy a used cobra hat with pumps over a single pump or single and BAP.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys, yeah i'm wanting to upgrade but not lookin to spend 1500 on a return style like i think i've mentioned before. just trying to make the most of my money. instead of trickflow heads, return style system. i'm just going to port & polish stage 2 my heads, do the pump swap and go to a d1 :)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Are you still doing cams? And smaller pulley or something?

Return style is good, but i would imagine anything under 650rwhp is fine as a returnless setup. Everyone will say do it right the first time and go return style, but its a lot of money. But so isnt Cobra hat + 2 Ford GT pumps + Wire upgrade + BAP + Modded FPDM. But still not as much as return.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it's been in the shop for 3 weeks this next tuesday, got the 4r70w back from being built with the new converter, and it's back in the car. cams are going in still then tune. yeah i think that fuel system will work for me, i'm not gunning but for 500-600 whp at absolutely tops. after this i'm just looking at suspension and a moser 31-spline then bottom end so i can run 12 psi. how's your setup going?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
yeah it's been in the shop for 3 weeks this next tuesday, got the 4r70w back from being built with the new converter, and it's back in the car. cams are going in still then tune. yeah i think that fuel system will work for me, i'm not gunning but for 500-600 whp at absolutely tops. after this i'm just looking at suspension and a moser 31-spline then bottom end so i can run 12 psi. how's your setup going?
Good glad you got the converter in there. With those cams you should pick up a nice gain of power. Definatley upgrade to the D1SC when you can. Itll make life easier, and all around better.

Do you plan on running at the track with sticky tires? If not, dont worry about the 31 spline rear. No point in doing that.

And good thanks, track opens next Friday, if its dry, then Ill definatley race. Looking to hit 11's this season in 100% street trim with my NT555R's

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good glad you got the converter in there. With those cams you should pick up a nice gain of power. Definatley upgrade to the D1SC when you can. Itll make life easier, and all around better.

Do you plan on running at the track with sticky tires? If not, dont worry about the 31 spline rear. No point in doing that.

And good thanks, track opens next Friday, if its dry, then Ill definatley race. Looking to hit 11's this season in 100% street trim with my NT555R's
that's awesome man, i really hope you get there. i like to follow your car since our setups are so similar. also i'm wanting to get a pair of 17x10 10th anniversary cobra's for the rear's wrapped in Mickey Thompson's just for the track. I just hate to talk about the entire want list, don't want to be all talk to moddage haha. what gears are you running shaun?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
sounds like a good plan, alot of people get so tied up in making power that they forget they have to get it to the ground, and most forget that the bottom end isnt that strong so they go throwing heads, cam and upping the boost on the stock bottom end.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
that's awesome man, i really hope you get there. i like to follow your car since our setups are so similar. also i'm wanting to get a pair of 17x10 10th anniversary cobra's for the rear's wrapped in Mickey Thompson's just for the track. I just hate to talk about the entire want list, don't want to be all talk to moddage haha. what gears are you running shaun?
The 10th anniversary Cobra wheels are sooooooo sexy :drool definatley my favorite wheels. Id like to get a set of them soon, but I need front brakes (upgrading to Cobra/Mach 13" brakes)

Im running 3.73's. I had 4.10's because I never planned on boosting. Then I was going to swap to 3.73s or 3.55's but just wasnt sure when. Then my rear end blew up, so I went with a 31 spline with 3.73's. I really like the 3.73s a lot more then the 4.10's. The gears are longer, and feels like the car pulls harder to be honest. I can hit 130mph in 4th now compared to 115mph (trapping at 117mph put me at like 6600rpm :eek: )

But for an auto, 4.10s are good. Definatley needed. And if I were you, I would only swap to higher gears (3.73s or 3.55s) if your making 500+rwhp. Thats just me.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
sounds like a good plan, alot of people get so tied up in making power that they forget they have to get it to the ground, and most forget that the bottom end isnt that strong so they go throwing heads, cam and upping the boost on the stock bottom end.
Definatley agreed. Although, Im a hypocrit because I havent done one thing suspension wise lol. After seeing mystang hit 1.6 60 foots with just adjustable uppers, gives me some hope. Id rather save up to build the motor first because thats more expensive vs some suspension.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
im always cheap on suspention mods my self, i run a basic setup, stock front suspention, upper, lowers, fox springs, lakewood 50/50 shocks. tires do the rest of the work

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Lol yup thats kind of what Im hoping. I know there just 555R's but should be okay for my power level.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Well, to answer the original question, the SVT focus 255 lph pump that comes in the kit is good to just over 400 rwhp.

As far as the rest goes, I really like the 10th anniversary wheels. I have 6 of them.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You have 6 of them? Do you use them? Lol

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Shaun i met up with the Jay 400np NA Mach1, **** was sick and loud as hell ha he is going to help me with my rear end but seeing a right up it dont seem impossible for me to do

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice man, that car seemed nasty. Id love to see some videos of it.

I didnt do the rear install, but I kind of watched the guy do it, it acually seems relativley easy to be honest. The ring and pinion and getting the right depth seems the most complicated, but nothing a couple beers and some patience couldnt do lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts