Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
actually fuel gauge sender unit on the fuel pump basket ... need help.
i was messing around with my fuel basket .... and the itty, itty, bitty solder that connects to the fuel gauge sender broke. 99 gt.
it doesnt even have enough wire so i can re-solder.
and it looks like the solder on the circuit board is actually an epoxy.

any suggestions as to what i can do.
does any body have a stock 99-04 basket laying around ?
thanks

·
AHRC Suffolk, NY CarShow
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its solder. I did the same thing. I just heated it up and stuck the wire back on.
its so small, and its a circuit board with the board wires leading to this solder spot .... how did you do it ?
im afraid to use too much heat or drip a ball of solder on the board.
any tips ???? thanks. FML.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I basically used the tip of my solder iron and made a groove. Put the wires in that groove, and put a ball of solder over it. I havent been able to see if it works of not yet but there should be no reason why it wouldnt

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I know exactly what u mean mean mine just broke from simply moving it a little bit no matter how careful i was. I tried to solder it back on as well (im not the best in the world) gave up and bought a new on rockauto.com cheapest price you can find em

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Take the basket to a radio repair shop they will easily be able to solder that for you.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
At least try first then pint and take it somewhere to solder a pigtail on it or get a new one. Rockauto is a good place. Junk yards may have one too.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts