Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my car (99 v6 mustang with about 110k) was acting up when the weather started to get cold. At first it wouldn't start, so I went under, banged on the tank (assuming it was the pump) and it fired right up. Now my car has been outside covered for the winter and sat for a good 3 weeks since I started it. Mind you it has been cold as hell and covered in snow... Anyways, It hesitated to start bad and killed the battery but cranked fine. As I was jumping it, it cranked fine and then finally fired and ran great. I let it run for a good half hour to get up to temp, revved it up a few times and shut it off. Immediately after I shut it off, I figured I would try and start it just to check and it wouldn't fire again. I tried hitting the tank over and over again but no dice... I'm thinking its the fuel pump but just want to make sure being that its so intermittent. Also, my positive battery terminal has a decent amount of corrosion on it and was too lazy to clean it off at the moment. As dumb as it sounds and I'm obviously going to clean it and try again, do you think that could be the cause even though it's intermittent? Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery was new when I got the car... so 4 years old haha. You think that would do it regardless of cranking fine?

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
It doesn't sound like the battery is an issue here. Are you hearing the fuel pump prime each time you turn the key to "ON" before attempting to start (specifically on the attempts in which the engine doesn't start)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts