Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW this has been asked many times, but I just can't seem to find a straight answer. Should I just buy a SVT Focus fuel pump for my '01 Bullitt, or should I go with the Ford GT supercar pump? What about any other options? I want the SVT Focus fuel pump due to the ease of installation (take the old one out and drop the new one in,) but will I run into any problems? I heard it doesn't supply enough fuel if you start driving fast? Don't recommend the Kenne Bell BAP because I really don't feel like having to cut my wires and do all this stuff where I might mess up, the same reason why some people are scared tapping into their oil pan when installing a Vortech.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
what sweet said, its a better pump, and the modifications to make it work are so minor they barely count.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
what does it take to make it work?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The same I was gonna ask, what else do I need to make it work? I wanna make sure if I buy it, I don't have to buy something else.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
get teh submersible gates fuel line, do pprv delete, cut wires from stock connector, put new connectors on, and mount the pump. i personally clip off the little mounting tab from the pprv and used it to hold the pump down.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Be smart, do the gt pump, its simple,. Get you that submersible gates fuel line, 1ft piece and put your 2 connectors on and drop her in

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
O ya and i got mine for 71 bucks brand new with my buddies discount :)

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
get the gt pump. There really isnt anything that complicated to doing it. You simply remove the hose that comes on the pump, remove the pprv, trim the edges of the pump, drop it in the basket, cut 2 wires, crimp on female spade terminals, plug them in, run the whole 1ft piece of gates submersible fuel line from the pump to the hat or whatever using 2 hose clamps and youre all done.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Exactly^^

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
get the gt pump. There really isnt anything that complicated to doing it. You simply remove the hose that comes on the pump, remove the pprv, trim the edges of the pump, drop it in the basket, cut 2 wires, crimp on female spade terminals, plug them in, run the whole 1ft piece of gates submersible fuel line from the pump to the hat or whatever using 2 hose clamps and youre all done.
you don't trim anything on the pump,you remove the pump assy from the basket in comes in to install in orig. basket. be sure to use a new stock gt sock,don't use the one that is on the pump because you have to fold it up to fit in basket which will cause issues.Drill a few holes(7/8 or so) in the front side of basket also

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Never said cutting the nipple was right, thats flat out retarded when the gates hose fits just fine.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Ah makes sense. I wonder whats up with the trimming thing. I could fit it in the basket but couldnt bolt the top part back on w/o the edges of the plastic hitting the circumference of the circle that the pump "goes in" *if i remember right*. Maybe some sort of variation in the pump or top parts?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I used two cobra pumps, car came with them. I do have to add a boost a pump to be able to use the 2lbs of boost I have left

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
The pprv thing is the white thing that looks like those bendy straws. Basically it's where the black wire is on the GT pump. Just don't reinstall it on the GT pump when you take it out of the car. A gates submersible fuel line is a fuel line from gates that is submersible :) I can't remember the part number 13097 or something maybe and yeah it goes on the new pump instead of the black wire thing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts