Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car sometimes has a real hard time starting up (cranks forever and then slowly sputters to life) and I'm pretty sure my fuel pump is going bad.

so my question is, since I'm gonna be getting a new fuel pump soon, i would rather not waste the money on just buying a replacement... so i wanna get a bigger pump (like a 190lph or bigger)... but i'll only have very mild mods (CAI, exhaust etc.) so will the bigger pump hurt anything or would it be a good idea to go ahead and get the bigger pump?

if I do get the bigger pump, will I need to get bigger injectors as well? if so, what size with what pump?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i should also mention that I am planning big power for this car in the future (i.e. big cam/power adders etc... hopefully around 500-600 hp)

·
Registered
656 Posts
thats not your fuel pump. my car does the same thing and i had my pump replaced and it still does it. im stumped on what it is. mine only does it sometimes though.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wierd... but i'm gonna get the new pump anyways. let me know if you figure out what it is... and i'll do the same

ignition maybe???

oh and will the bigger pump screw anything else up? or will it simply be able to support more hp??

·
Registered
910 Posts
not ignition...mine dide that. I think mine ended up being a relay.

·
Registered
656 Posts
what relay was yours and how did you go about fixing it? and the 255 pump will just support more hp. it wont hurt anything. thats one of the first things im doin to mine to get it ready for the 347 and h/c/i setup. im doin the fuel pump and 42lb injectors and a 76mm maf and 75mm tb first.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
910 Posts
ill have to look and see if i can remember...when this happened to me it would actually die on me...have yall checked the sending unit? i remember i just started changing all my **** until it fixed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i have never had mine die on me. i have charging problems because of my underdrive pullies so if the relay causing it to wanna die i probably wouldnt be able to tell. lol:confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah mine doesn't die either...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts