Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so new to the forum thought i'd find me a good mustang forum to get some help on car problems and advice on upgrades and what not. but anyways recently my 87 hatch has had some problems with the fuel system. the problem first started when my fuel pump relay would stay on and i had to reach under the seat and tap it for it to turn off. then one day the car started sputterin (full tank of premium) and cut off on me. tried to restart the car (also haveing some starter and solenoid problems) and the fuel pump wouldn't kick on. got the car towed back to the house went out a few hours later hopped in the car to see if it'd start and cranked right up. fuel pump went out again later. it seemed that the pump would cut off after running for awhile. so now it wont kick on at all. i've dropped the gas tank pulled the fuel pump out and ready to throw in a new one. is there anything else that it could be before i spend money on a new pump? cause the one i pulled out looks pretty new... the bag doesn't... but the pump is clean as a whistle. ideas? could it just be the relay? and i plan on doing another thread on the starting problems. any advice is welcome. thanks

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
id replace the relay first.

check your fuel pressure next time you get it started

1 - 2 of 2 Posts