Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel pump is going on me and needs to be replaced in the near future. I've done a ton of research on this and am not satisfied with what I have found especially since most of the info is from two or more years ago. Should I just get a factory replacement with the same lph or go with something better?

Most posts I've seen on the topic say to go with the focus svt pump that flows 255lph. However, I feel like this is unnecessary for me since my only mods are catback, CAI, plenum and spacer, 70mm throttle body, and I plan on doing a 91 octane dyno tune after I replace the pump. Also svt pumps are way more expensive now than they used to be.

So I am really hoping someone could point me in the direction of the right fuel pump for me! Also it must be a direct replacement for the stock one!

Also i figure I should replace the filter while I'm at it. What's a good replacement filter?

Thanks!!

· Registered
1,075 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what are your plans for the car? if you plan on adding nitrous or a blower/turbo, now would be a good time to upgrade the pump. if you don't, then just get an OE replacement and call it a day.
nahh I don't plan on coin any of that. so should I just get this? All I need is the pump not the whole assembly correct?

Airtex E2366 Fuel Pump | Auto Parts Warehouse

· MOAR BOOST
9,165 Posts
you can just change the pump yeah, but you will probably have to get the plastic line stuff to replace it, as the line most likely won't come off the pump without cutting it.
the whole drop in assembly is way easier, but up to you.

I use motorcraft fuel filters personally. They're only like $2 more than the cheapo one that Advance has.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I can get an airtex assembly for 140 or should I spend another 40 and get an SVT assembly (only one I can find is on Amazon)? Is it completely pointless to get the SVT if I am not running nitrous or boost?

· Premium Member
13,580 Posts
Go back with an OEM one, I bet you could even buy one for less then 25 Shipeed from one of these guys on here that is always upgrading thier fuel pumps. A good used one will owrk just as good as a new one if your trying to save money.

· Registered
2,567 Posts

· Resident Know-it-all
2,970 Posts
My fuel pump is going on me and needs to be replaced in the near future. I've done a ton of research on this and am not satisfied with what I have found especially since most of the info is from two or more years ago. Should I just get a factory replacement with the same lph or go with something better?

Most posts I've seen on the topic say to go with the focus svt pump that flows 255lph. However, I feel like this is unnecessary for me since my only mods are catback, CAI, plenum and spacer, 70mm throttle body, and I plan on doing a 91 octane dyno tune after I replace the pump. Also svt pumps are way more expensive now than they used to be.

So I am really hoping someone could point me in the direction of the right fuel pump for me! Also it must be a direct replacement for the stock one!

Also i figure I should replace the filter while I'm at it. What's a good replacement filter?

Thanks!!
No one really uses the svt pumps any more. Walbro has started selling pumps for just about everything now.
What year is your car? 96 to 97, just buy a GSS340 with an i stall kit and it wil grow with you. If 98 up, get one of the drop in 255 kits and be done with it. Jmho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts