Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a intake tune nitrous 09 GT
how much trouble is it to throw in a fuel pump?
if I need to drop the tank how bad is the task?

Mechanically inclined, just never bothered to look into dropping the tank

Also any recommendations on a single pump?
looking to run a 125-150 shot safely and not worry about running out of fuel
has stock injectors

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
If you run out of your current fuel pump, you'll also need to change the injectors. If your worried about it, do some 39# injectors and a boost-a-pump. That will be good to over 500rwhp. You u decide to change the fuel pump, dropping the tank is unnecessary. The pump sits underneath the back seat. Remove the back seat and you can change it right there.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you run out of your current fuel pump, you'll also need to change the injectors. If your worried about it, do some 39# injectors and a boost-a-pump. That will be good to over 500rwhp. You u decide to change the fuel pump, dropping the tank is unnecessary. The pump sits underneath the back seat. Remove the back seat and you can change it right there.
its not running out of pump yet. I ran a 125 on it before never had an issue. Just been hearing its pushing the limit. About where to the stock injectors start maxing out

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
What he said. It's so easy a cave man could do it.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm, I highly doubt the car is making 400whp
Might have to just get it on the dyno and makes some passes.
Im not really looking to change the injectors on the car.
this is my daily and I dont need to project cars

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're spraying 125-150 shot, this is officially a project;).
lol yeah I guess, but in my eyes its just a little fun toys for the daily. Nice to have a car that can run 12.1 on the track(hopefully 11's this time around) and reliably drive daily with just intake and tune. plus compared to the real project car this is definitely a lil toy

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It's going to need fuel injectors long before the fuel pump. I was running 48/52 lb injectors on the OEM fuel pump when I first installed my TVS. The fuel pump was running a little bit more than 90% fuel pump duty cycle and that was at 465 rwhp and 8 lbs of boost. There's also a wiring upgrade you can do that will gain you roughly 10% more fuel pump duty cycle. Here's a link..

05+ GT and V6, fuel pump wiring upgrade worth 10% drop in Duty Cycle - VMP Tuning Message Board

Also, like stated you do not need to drop the fuel tank to install the fuel pump(s). The back seat pops right off and the fuel pump sits in the driver's side. It's pretty easy. I'd say wiggling the pump in is the hardest part. Some guys are lucky like myself and always have good luck getting it in yet there are other guys who hate life having to do it. Either way, it's not too bad.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
It's going to need fuel injectors long before the fuel pump. I was running 48/52 lb injectors on the OEM fuel pump when I first installed my TVS. The fuel pump was running a little bit more than 90% fuel pump duty cycle and that was at 465 rwhp and 8 lbs of boost. There's also a wiring upgrade you can do that will gain you roughly 10% more fuel pump duty cycle. Here's a link..

05+ GT and V6, fuel pump wiring upgrade worth 10% drop in Duty Cycle - VMP Tuning Message Board

Also, like stated you do not need to drop the fuel tank to install the fuel pump(s). The back seat pops right off and the fuel pump sits in the driver's side. It's pretty easy. I'd say wiggling the pump in is the hardest part. Some guys are lucky like myself and always have good luck getting it in yet there are other guys who hate life having to do it. Either way, it's not too bad.

I *think* you meant this link Nasty:

Fuel Pump Wiring Upgarde for 05+ Mustangs - VMP Tuning Message Board

1 - 10 of 10 Posts