Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing my supercharger soon and want to know can I just install a KenneBell BAP w/ my oem full pump to run around 400rwhp? or would a Ford GT 310lph pump be better? I only want to do this once and do it right. I still have stock internals right now but if everything goes right..next winter it will be swapped out. So I am looking for a fuel pump that will deliver enough fuel to support up to 500.

·
Registered
387 Posts
i've got the 310 in mine and its great but im not FI

·
Registered
575 Posts
I put a svt focus pump in and still had to add a boost a pump.I am right under 400rwhp.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was reading on the kenne bell web site about the boost a pump and the fucus pump. It seemed like they didnt recomend using the focus pump with a bap. Something about the focus pump not handeling pressure and failing at wot. They said it had caused crashes because when you dont get any fuel at wot the engine locked up or something. anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am going to be installing my supercharger soon and want to know can I just install a KenneBell BAP w/ my oem full pump to run around 400rwhp? or would a Ford GT 310lph pump be better? I only want to do this once and do it right. I still have stock internals right now but if everything goes right..next winter it will be swapped out. So I am looking for a fuel pump that will deliver enough fuel to support up to 500.
you can run a bap but in my opinion i would just spend the extra money and run the ford gt pump,that is what i have and works great and i haven't ran into any problems.
i am running 12psi with a novi 2000 and paxton intercooler.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was told the ford gt pump will support up to 600hp because i will be putting a forged mmr motor in my car in about 6 months and was told it would be no problem.
i was about to run a bap and was also told that acts as a crutch and will fail over a period of time.
if you go with the twin cobra pumps,get ready to spend a **** load of money.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard the Ford GT pump doesn't just hook right up. What did you have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was reading on the kenne bell web site about the boost a pump and the fucus pump. It seemed like they didnt recomend using the focus pump with a bap. Something about the focus pump not handeling pressure and failing at wot. They said it had caused crashes because when you dont get any fuel at wot the engine locked up or something. anyone heard of this?
I have not heard of this. But I did read that the focus pump with the BAP will draw to many amps for the system.

·
Registered
400 Posts
so what happens if there are too many amps??

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
so what happens if there are too many amps??
drawing to much amperage (power) to one component will take power from the rest of your electrical system...pop fuses, strain the alternator, cause other circuits to have problems....and the serious issue is that when pulling higher amps, there is a higher risk of fire...definatly not good anywhere near fuel (i dont know if this is a problem with any fuel pump, just talking in general electrical terms)

Probably dont care about this part, but...
Think of amps as a water faucet...the farther you turn the nozzle more water comes out. Now think of that water going down a pipe, only so much water can flow down that pipe till it finds other places to spray out...well in electronics the amps is the water and the wire is the pipe...the wire can only hold so much amperage...in this case instead of water pressure you get electrical resistance...in other words the wires get really hot, and can start to melt and if bad enough start on fire.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Go with the aviator...

If you want to be really safe go for the GT Pump...

·
Registered
575 Posts
drawing to much amperage (power) to one component will take power from the rest of your electrical system...pop fuses, strain the alternator, cause other circuits to have problems....and the serious issue is that when pulling higher amps, there is a higher risk of fire...definatly not good anywhere near fuel (i dont know if this is a problem with any fuel pump, just talking in general electrical terms)

Probably dont care about this part, but...
Think of amps as a water faucet...the farther you turn the nozzle more water comes out. Now think of that water going down a pipe, only so much water can flow down that pipe till it finds other places to spray out...well in electronics the amps is the water and the wire is the pipe...the wire can only hold so much amperage...in this case instead of water pressure you get electrical resistance...in other words the wires get really hot, and can start to melt and if bad enough start on fire.

well I am running the svt focus pump and a bap installed so it runs all the time and have had no electrical issues at all. not one blown fuse neither?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
I was reading something the other day, someone asked something along these lines in the six section and someone responded with....

Theres an upgrade kit for the power system for the pumps that will work great as well as the 310 and the BAP

... now they continued on to say something about it being able to support 400 no problem, i apologise for not knowing what the wire upgrade they were talking about, if interested i can track that thread down

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I was reading something the other day, someone asked something along these lines in the six section and someone responded with....

Theres an upgrade kit for the power system for the pumps that will work great as well as the 310 and the BAP

... now they continued on to say something about it being able to support 400 no problem, i apologise for not knowing what the wire upgrade they were talking about, if interested i can track that thread down
That was when I told them to get a Upgrade fpdm with a cobra tank with dual GT pumps...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts