Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was driving along today and my car started to just run like total ass!!! Sounded like i was not getting enough fuel to the motor. So next thing i know the check engine ligt came on and thank god i was right next to a Autozone to have them check the codes. So they checked the code and the major code that pulled up was system lean on bank one and two. Then he searched the other data the computer was giving and came up with the following......
Fuel System 1&2 error CLSD:
Short term fuel trim 4/ 85.4% and 79.9%
Fuel rail pressure 285 KPHE.....

They seem to think that my fuel pump is taking a **** because i did stall before i turned in there and there is no acceleration and its pinging like hell too and running really rough like she is starving. So before i dump 260.00 on a fuel pump can you guys please help me out on what you would think it could be with what ive provided. Thanks again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey sold it already..... Does any one know what that data log means? Do you deffinatly think that its my fuel pump going bad?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
hmm..

data logging is plugging your xcal (or another tuner ) into the obd2 port so it car read all your cars parameters.

whens the last time you replaced your 02 sensors?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just changed the fuel filter about 2 months ago and it was pitch black brown stuff coming out of it. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure as stated before is supposed to be?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Could have some water in the fuel, happens where you live this time of your, try adding some "Heat" to your gas. If that fails ya fuel pump is shitting the bed...but do do a pressure test on the system. It is a pain to replace.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i'll put bets on it being your fuel pump. does it take a long time to start up when you crank it? mine did a similar thing, except it wasn't pinging as bad as your saying yours is... if it really is pinging dude, DO NOT drive or run that thing if you don't have to. get it towed to the shop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it does take a while and sounds like when it does start that it just barely makes it....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know unfortunatly the car had a dynotuned chip installed so i have no way to datalog unless anyone out there knows how to do it with a laptop???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts