Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm running my 302 all motor at the moment with 307 rwhp....

Fuel setup is currently as follows:

- stock lines
- stock injectors
- stock rails
- cobra tank w/ hat modified for gt40 pumps
- twin gt40 pumps
- single fpdm w/ the wiring upgrade.

The following is showing up Monday from lethal performance using their dual gt40 pump kit.

- single 8an lines
- billet high flow fuel rails
- dual fpdm wiring harness w/ fpdm and upgraded wiring (i'll use my original FPDM as the second one).
- FORE fuel hat

I had a large kink in the stock fuel lines in the tank that were connected to the pumps... probably what was causing my fuel pressure loss overnight after the car had been sitting (thus making it hard to start the car without hitting the gas pedal a lot or leaving it on accessory for 30 seconds). The stock lines had just been modified VERY shitty by the guy who worked on my car 5 years ago, and are pretty damaged.

Do I need to re-tune the vehicle when I install this stuff? I'm not changing injectors or mass air flow.

My goal is to fix the issue of a cold start being difficult before I start adding power. I'm probably going to buy a cheap nitrous kit for $600 and run that for a while to test the capabilities of the short block.

I also need to work out why my ABS light has been on for 5 years. Bear in mind, the fuse isn't bad and the sensors aren't terrible. I do have 35 tires in the front and 30's in the rear but I don't think that's enough to keep the light tripped at all times. There's no codes, either, and my traction control is turned off in the tune. The hydraulic ABS module is plugged in... and I'm running a T-56 transmission w/ 4.10 gears. The light was coming on sporadically ever since I got my 4.10 gears installed 6 years ago, and then has been on ALWAYS ever since I threw this new 302 in with the T-56 and new wheels/tires, etc.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
no you dont need a tune, your car will run fine but your fuel pump volts may be off causing your fuel trims to flutter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts