Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has used the Professional Products fuel rails before. My stock rails in my 88 LX are in bad shape (starting to rust) and I was thinking about getting the PP ones instead of going with used stock rails. Im trying to do all my mods as cheap as possible and understand you get what you pay for but they are $70 compared to $170 for BBk and Im just curious to know what anyone thought about them or if they know what the difference is. I have not had great luck with BBK stuff in the past (2 clutch cables snapped I could have just used black licorice) so I probably wouldnt buy thoes, I just used them as an example. I know Aeromotive, Accel, and TFS all have their own and are all really good but they are also EXPENSIVE . I found used stock ones around for anywhere from $10 to $50, and though my car is pretty much stock now, I do plan on upgrading it in the near future. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with The PP ones. Im building this car on a tight budget, and would appreciate any Help and Info. Iv been on her for a while now and I love reading the threads and looking at all your projects. Its pretty awsome and gives me plenty of ideas.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I would suggest picking up some stock rails for two reason... one your worried about cost and two ease of install.

You don't need high flowing rails yet stockers handles up to 450 I think

Professional Products tends to have quality control issues from what every one claims but I personally have had there fuel rail kit on my turbo car for over a year without any issues.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Fuel rails from a sn95 will flow a little more yet. Just find some of those. And like Ryan said, stockers will flow to around 500 horse without a boost a pump.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Id also go with stock rails. They should be able to flow as much as your fuel lines, from what ive read. So when the time come to up grade your fuel lines then at that point it would be a good idea to do the big fuel rails.

It sounds like you just want to do it for looks, waste of money at this point if your stock, (in my opinion)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Check out Ebay for some stock ones. A few years back my son and I built him a 93 Hatch, with a ProCharged 5.0, using 42 Lbs injectors, Walbro 255 intank, & stock rails, the car was dynoed @ 447 to the wheels with no fuel issues at all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Im not doing it just for looks, I have a explorer intake so you would only see the ends anyway. Like I said Im building this on a tight budget and was wondering if it was worth it. Trust me the car is no show stopper, its just something fun to drive around for shiggles. I just figured if Im going to get new ones I could spent a little extra for when I got the money to do a little more work. I didn't realize the stock Rails could flow so much. Realisticaly Im probably never going to make more than 350 to 400 so if the stock rails will work Im fine with that. Im a function over form sort of guy. If it works Ill use it.......For now. Iv been on here since october and noticed that most of you seem to give some great advice. Thanks again. Now that the nice MASS weather is here Illbe back with lots of questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts