Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a plug play fuel rail replacement ? Figure it is a good idea. While I do injectors

Upgrading to ev 6 60lb injectors /pro m maf.

Prepping for next stages and this stuff looks easy enough to install any tips would be great as well :)

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
Any recommendations for a plug play fuel rail replacement ? Figure it is a good idea. While I do injectors

Upgrading to ev 6 60lb injectors /pro m maf.

Prepping for next stages and this stuff looks easy enough to install any tips would be great as well :)
What kind of fuel system are you running? Return or returnless? I bought the MMR fuel rails for a little over $100. They are extremely nice, but you do have to buy the fittings and lines to tie up to the fuel lines.

If you want a plug n play system you will most likely be spending a lot more.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using cobra tank/pumps /kb bap

Is easy swap to and use mmr stuff?

I like to save $$ and if I can learn some install stuff that helps too :)

·
_
3,787 Posts
Highly recommend retaining your stock rails. You'll max out your 1000 before your fuel rails need to be changed out. But if you just want to do it for the fun of it, nobody makes any return less rails, but you can get return rails and get the correct adaptors to make them work. I would recommend starting with something like these UPR rails 96-04 Ford Mustang 4.6 Billet Fuel Rails | UPR and going on jegs and buying the adaptors and lines to make them work.

Again, you dont need them, but if you just want them for fun, that's what I would do. They are cheap rails, and a good place to start.

Personally I will be buying a set of aeromotove 14103 when the time comes. Like maybe tonight, lol.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be upgrading cams shortly, and am looking for a 2k head unit

Not putting in the novi 2k til I build the short block though

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

What are the stock rails good to? Rwhp wise

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
MMR rails are good quality, and all you have ot do is get an adaptor that converts from stock line to AN in order to connect into the fuel rails, It looks like this piece on this right

Reactions: Novi 1000

·
_
3,787 Posts
I'll be upgrading cams shortly, and am looking for a 2k head unit

Not putting in the novi 2k til I build the short block though

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

What are the stock rails good to? Rwhp wise
Around 750.

What intake manifold are you going to run as well?

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
If your on the stock motor i would stick with your stock fuel rails. I wouldnt worry about swapping them out until you get close to 600hp. By that time i would look into converting return style.

Heres the adapter to the stock rail, and the piece needed to use for you frps.

Lethal Performance -8an to Stock Fuel Rail Adapter - Fuel Line and Sensor Adapters - Fuel Rails - Fuel Delivery - 1999-2004 - Ford Mustang GT - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-15112/overview/

Then get the required -8 fittings, and around a foot of -8 ss lines to tie both lines together.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
You have no need to upgrade the rails. You could add 200rwhp and still be fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had stock rails and lines with my 2.6L KB probably making ~550rwhp with about 87% duty cycle.

I only changed them out because they didn't seal very well over 60psi of pressure. The cups the injectors sat in were getting bent out of shape and weeping fuel. Other than that they worked just fine.

I went with the Fore Innovations rails. Works of art..

Riley

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I had stock rails and lines with my 2.6L KB probably making ~550rwhp with about 87% duty cycle.

I only changed them out because they didn't seal very well over 60psi of pressure. The cups the injectors sat in were getting bent out of shape and weeping fuel. Other than that they worked just fine.

I went with the Fore Innovations rails. Works of art..

Riley
indeed. mine worked perfectly fine until i added a BAP and i guess the extra pressure did it in because it started blowing #4 o ring...changed fuel rails and it hasn't done it since.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Im gonna use my stock rails with the new combo. Had to do some fab work for the eddy.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
MMR rails are good quality, and all you have ot do is get an adaptor that converts from stock line to AN in order to connect into the fuel rails, It looks like this piece on this right

this is if you just get the rails right? cuz i ordered their kit that says "Complete Kit includes Lines and Fittings to connect to factory Fuel Line and FRPS adapter"

hope i don't have to get something else :(

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
this is if you just get the rails right? cuz i ordered their kit that says "Complete Kit includes Lines and Fittings to connect to factory Fuel Line and FRPS adapter"

hope i don't have to get something else :(
You should be fine, it comes with everything that you will need. :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

indeed. mine worked perfectly fine until i added a BAP and i guess the extra pressure did it in because it started blowing #4 o ring...changed fuel rails and it hasn't done it since.
x3
Mine started spewing fuel everywhere. I tried bending them to seal better but it never helped.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
Thanks young gun. Same thing is happening to me now. Running a bap, modded fpdm and 320lph pump with pprv delete and my rails keep popping o rings out. I even bent both rail tabs like you guys but they still pop out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
If you ordered the entire KIT then you will get everything.. On the jumper rails I would suggest SS Line and Russel fittings. On the rails you can get away with push lock fuel hose.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Absolutely not use the liquid Teflon with PTE.

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is all good

Very helpful :)

Just picked up the injectors and need to find the adapters from ev6 to ev1

I think am has them :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts