Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 and someone before me put an external fuel pump on it. The car died on me and won't start back up. Replaced the pump and filter and theres still no gas getting to the pump. Dropped the tank today and the sending unit is this big orange ordeal and the book says and i've seen pictures of the stock pump and sending unit totally different than the setup i have. i'm gonna take some pictures later today and post them. but anyone have any ideas why i'm not getting any fuel? its something in the back of the cuz the filter is bone dry after tryin to fire it up.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I don't know if your inertia switch was bypassed when the previous owner swapped out your fuel system, but have you checked it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that switch in the trunk? there's a hole in the supply line we're hoping thats the only issue.First we're gonna try replacing that hose and hopefully it works and if not then just make a longer supply line go to the bottom of the tank. I think the factory pumps in the 98s were used only in the 98s..its weird

1 - 3 of 3 Posts